New in June on Engaging Students:
June Resources. Think about using them in September :)
- Summarize text with a Netflix template.
- Grade 5 Weather Watch Project
- Meteorologist for a Day
- Grade 7 Math Circles 'round the World Lesson
- Novel Study Unit for Boy in the Striped Pajamas (Grade 8)
- Novel Study Unit for A Monster Calls (Grade 7)
- Social Studies 9 Projects for Governance and Rights
- New Coding Projects for Grade 4 and Grade 7
- Digital Breakout for Grade 6 and Grade 8
- Math Resources for Grade 2 , Grade 3, and Grade 4.
New in May on Engaging Students:
There are many new resources developed by and for Black Gold Teachers this May. These include:
- Grade 7 materials for Following Confederation
- A magazine unit plan that includes graphic design and writing lessons that could be adapted to any grade level.
- We've expanded out coding with Micro:bits page with new lessons that cover science outcomes.
- Grade 2 A Community in the Past has been expanded.
- Graphing Activities for Grade 4 and Grade 7
- Pixel Art for Fractions and Decimals
- Coding Shapes for Math 6-8
- A Wampum Belt Creator
- Grade 8 Literature Circles!
- Much More!
New in April on Engaging Students:
We are happy to share some great new resources developed by and for Black Gold Teachers. These include:
- A full Hunger Games Novel Study Unit with many engaging activities and assessments. Find it on the Grade 7 LA page.
- We have developed several Tour Creator tours for different grade levels. If you haven't used Tour Creator, it is a great tool to bring social studies, science, or language arts to life at any grade level. Here is a grade 4 research example and a grade 2 tour.
- We have some coding and tech tools that you can borrow for your class and now have a website dedicated to getting started with each of these tools.
- The anniversary of Vimy Ridge is coming up and you can have students create their own movie poster summarizing the key points.