PE with Mrs. Bowman
Hoop Shoot is coming!!!!
Thursday, November 1st 3:00-5:30
MUST BE 8 YEARS OLD BY 4/1/2019 TO PARTICIPATE!!
Sign up on-line NOW
Don't forget your change of transportation note for your teacher on Nov. 1st!!
MUST HAVE Change of Transportation note for Classroom Teacher:
Print and bring to teacher on Nov. 1st
Bicycles are coming for 3rd and 4th from November 7th-December 7th!!!!! Stay tuned for a PARENT SURVEY and more information!!
Live your GOAL!!!! 5-2-1-0-8 for HEALTH!
September: 1 hour of exercise/activity each day.
October: Limit screen time to 2 hours or less each day.
November: 5 fruits and veggies each day
December: 8 Cups of Water AND...CLEAN AIR FOR MONARCH!!!!!
We can control our exercise, food choices, and water intake, but we can't control the air around us...OR CAN WE??
Please turn off your car engines in the Afternoon Carline so the students and teachers have CLEAN AIR TO BREATHE!!!!
Safe Kids day at the DRIVE!!!!
The game got rained out , but the FUN did not!
Thanks, Greenville Drive!
What can you do to improve your health??? We can commit to any or all of the following:
1. 5 fruits and vegetables a day.
2. 2 hours OR LESS of screen time a day.
3. 1 hour of exercise a day.
4. 0 sodas and sugary drinks.
5. 8 cups of water a day.
What will your healthy GOAL be??? Remember...Good Health--
Live your goal!
FitnessGram is back!
Let's go for the Gold with FITNESS!! Soon 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students will be participating in FitnessGram which includes:
1. Pacer: cardiovascular endurance
2. Curl-ups: abdominal strength and endurance
3. Push-ups: upper body strength and endurance
4. Sit and Reach: flexibility
5. Trunk Lift: Back strength and flexibility
6. Goal Setting: Students set goals to improve fitness levels in the spring.
The tests will begin on September 12th and continue for several weeks . Students will use activities in PE throughout the year to improve their fitness and set goals for their health!
(PE Grades will NOT be based on test scores)