Miss Dodd's Third Grade Class
Welcome to Miss Dodd's class website!
Throughout the year, this is where you can find important information about what is going on in our class. Please check the website weekly for information about the upcoming week.
If you would like to help our class in any way, please visit our classroom wish list linked below!
The mission of Oakview Elementary, in cooperation with home and community, is to prepare students for responsible citizenship, lifelong learning and productive employment by:
Opening opportunities for all students
Accepting individual differences
Keeping our focus on math, reading, and writing
Varying teaching techniques
Identifying and addressing strengths and weaknesses
Engaging students in meaningful activities
Working as a team
We envision a school:
- With adequate funding to support the curriculum and instructional needs
- With a positive learning environment that inspires students to achieve to their fullest potential and become productive citizens
- That produces students who think critically, solve problems, reason, and get along with others
- Where students are active participants in a comprehensive academic program
- Where students are provided opportunities to experience and develop skills for technology
- Where collaborative support and communication between home, school, and community is essential for an effective educational program
- With an appreciation and awareness of cultural and ethic diversity
- Children learn best in a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment that creates students who are emphathetic, respectful, resilient, and act with integrity.
- All students are capable of learning and have the right to the same educational opportunities that evolve and change to reflect the world around them.
- Children will learn to communicate and collaborate effectively, solve problems competently, think critically and creatively, and act responsibly.
- Children will be engaged in a variety of differentiated instructional strategies and experiences for active participation in the learning process.
- Children deserve a highly competent faculty and staff that will devleop a culture to meet the needs of students socially, emotionally, and academically.
- Education is a shared responsibility involving student, parent, school, community, and school district.