Greenville Early College!
Welcome to the Attendance Website. Here I hope you will find answers to any questions you may have regarding your child's attendance. Below are a few reminders to help you and your student have a pleasant and rewarding experience here at Greenville Early College.
Attention Parents and Guardians!
You can now submit attendance notes online.
If you have a medical note, you can fax it to
(864) 355-9815 or email it to email@example.com.
Here are a few reminders to help you and your student have a successful year at GEC:
1. School starts promptly at 8:15am.
2. Students are allowed to miss only 10 school days each year.
3. A parent must send a note for ANY absence or it will remain unexcused. It is the student's responsibility to turn the excuse in to the front office.
4. Absences in excess to these days may cause the student to be retained.
5. After the 10th unexcused absence, all absences must be lawful. A medical excuse will be required.
Lawful Absences are:
1. Personal illness of a child must be verified by a statement from a physician within two (2) days of the student’s return to school. Absences for chronic or extended illness will be approved only when verified by a physician’s statement.
2. Serious illness or death of an immediate family member when verified with an obituary from the newspaper or a service program from the funeral home, within two (2) days of the student’s return to school.
3. Absences for religious holidays when approved in advance. Make requests to the principal in writing.
4. Absences for extreme hardships approved by the principal. When possible, prearrange approval.
If a child has three (3) Consecutive Unlawful Absences, five (5) Total Unlawful Absences or misses the limit of ten (10) days per school year, an attendance conference will be held.