Miss Conaway's 5th Grade crew
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! As the year begins, I'll be posting important information for our class!
"Caring for children today...creating leaders for tomorrow"
Mission, Vision and Beliefs
Vision: Students engaged, inspired, and empowered for educational success.
• Students achieve best in a safe and inviting environment where they are engaged in learning.
• Students must have highly competent and caring teachers, principals, and support staff.
• Students must have equitable and high-quality educational opportunities that evolve and change to reflect the world around them.
• A successful educational culture empowers students to communicate and collaborate effectively, solve problems competently, think critically and creatively, and act responsibly.
• A successful educational culture develops students who are empathetic, respectful, resilient, and act with integrity.
• Embracing diversity and inclusion leads to mutual respect and breaks down barriers.
• Education is the shared responsibility of students, home, school, business, and community.
• Curriculum and instruction must meet the needs of all students and prepare each student for success.
• Early reading and mathematical thinking are the foundations for educational success.
• Our educational organization prepares students to value learning and contribute to society, which has a lasting positive impact on our communities.
We support students socially, emotionally, and academically by establishing an engaging environment where students are inspired to create, collaborate, and commit themselves to a lifetime of learning.