FIRE SAFETY TIPS
Fire Prevention Week October 7th - 13th 2018
Fire prevention week is fast approaching, We look forward to educating our community again this year!
Join us at our fire station for a tour in honor of Fire Prevention Week. You and your family are invited to tour the station, see the equipment, climb on the trucks and learn about fire safety.
The theme of 2018 Fire Prevention Week “Look. Listen. Learn. Be aware. Fire can happen anywhere,” highlights three important actions to keep yourself and your family safe from fire.
Look for places fire could start. Take a good look around your home. Identify potential fire hazards and address them. If necessary, have a qualified professional correct any hazards.
Listen for the sound of a smoke alarm. A smoke alarm is the most important safety feature of your home. Properly installed, working smoke alarms in your home cuts your risk of dying in a fire in half.
- Install on every level of your home, including the basement and in every sleeping area.
- Test smoke alarms once a month by pushing the “test button.”
- Install new batteries at least twice a year, when you change your clocks for daylight savings.
- Replace smoke alarms every 10 years.
Learn two ways out of every room. Create and practice a home fire escape plan with everyone in your household. In a typical home fire, you may have as little as one to two minutes to escape safely from the time the smoke alarm sounds.
- Plan two escape routes from every room, usually a door and a window.
- Provide alternatives for anyone with a disability.
- Agree on a meeting place where everyone will gather after you have escaped.
To schedule a time to visit and tour the station, Please call:
Seargent / Fire prevention coordinator
111 James St. Gray Ga. 31032.
-John K. Eisele