Click here for GISD Announcements and Newsfeed
Ways to Stay in the Know:
- Get Text Message Updates from GISD
Text: @grbyisd To: 81010
- Follow GISD, Dr. Glenn, Emma Roberson, and myself on Twitter:
- Friend me on Facebook and request to join our class Facebook Page:
Search for: Ransleben's Class
- Stay Connected with our Class Dojo
How to Have Conversations About COVID-19
- Granbury High School (2000 W. Pearl St.) is providing free lunches to all students 18 years and younger. Lunches will be available for pick up in front of the school from 11am-1:30pm, Monday through Friday. The following link has the details in both English and Spanish and the lunch menu for the week. Further details about meals available through the community
- Ruth's Place Outreach Center located in the OTS Subdivision (2723 Maplewood Street) will also be providing free lunches for those 18 and older. Lunches are available for pick-up from 11:00am-12:00pm or until food runs out.
- Jimmy John's (409 East W. US Why 377) will be giving out a free Lil John sandwich and drink for kids from Monday thru Friday during lunch time.
- Mission Granbury (3611 Plaza East Ct) is assisting with additional snacks as well.
- La Fiesta (1112 S. Morgan St.) is offering a free meal to kids that come into their restaurant.
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
Activities to Do While Practicing Social Distancing
- Texas Elementary Principals and Superintendents Association (TEPAS) is offering Live Book Readings at 6:30pm CST on Facebook from Monday, March 16th to Friday, March 20th. They are also offering other educational and at-home activities.
- The Cincinnati Zoo is featuring a Home Safari Facebook Live of one of their animals each day this week at 3:00pm EST. An at-home activity will be included with each of the Facebook Live videos.
- Scholastic is offering free daily courses for grades Pre-K to Grade 6+.
- Make Art Gallery will be providing art lessons each day for the next 2 weeks on their Facebook page. Art lessons will begin at 1pm CT.
- 150+ Educational Netflix Shows
How to Help