Goudhurst & Kilndown
Welcome to our new curriculum 'microsite'. On here, you can browse the full extent of our broad and purposeful curriculum , in all year groups. The Goudhurst curriculum will be constantly evolving and our teachers will periodically be adding and adjusting content on here. Currently 'Block 1' covering terms 1 & 2 can be viewed and Block 2 will be available for the beginning of Term 3. The curriculum pages show the specific skills and knowledge to be taught within each subject and key vocabulary associated.
Class Curriculum - Knowledge & Skills Organisers
Happiness at school and at home. Being mindful and maintaining a positive
Developing specific skills to improve well-being
Support children whose circumstances well-being is challenge.
Appreciate differences. Embracing challenge and change, taking risks & learning from failure.
Whether in the classroom or outdoors we actively encourage children to acquire skills and knowledge through experimentation, mistakes and learning collaboratively. Being brave, bold with bags of grit. We do this predominately through:
- Forest School
We recognise that many children require extra support & provision in one or more of the following areas:
- Cognition & Learning
- Communication & Interaction
- Behaviour, Social & Emotional
- Sensory & Physical
The list of current interventions that we regularly run that support these areas are:
- Sensory Circuits
- Magpie Group (SEN focused group at Forest School -developing speech, social & language.
- ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support)
- Speech & language (including external SALT support)
- Cued articulation (specifically trained TAs)
- Better Reading Partner & Dancing Bears Reading Interventions (specifically trained TAs/Parents)
- Beanstalk Reading (external readers) & Reading to the Dog
- Accelerated Reader (reading fluency & comprehension)
- 1-2-3 Maths
- Auditory Processing intervention
- Clever Fingers (fine motor control
- Social Communication & Speech Bubbles
- Drawing & Talking
- Pupil mentoring (Teacher & TA)
- Well-being/emotional counselling - Weald Family Hub
Enrichment & Extra-Curricular Opportunities
Our Forest School is run on a rolling programme throughout the school year. Each pupil in the school receives 10-12 sessions (10-12 half-days, once a week) over the course of the school year. Each year group receives their sessions at different times of year, so that all children, as they progress through the school, have access to regular Forest School, in a woodland setting, at different times of year.
Whole School: Kilndown Christchurch & Millenium Walk, Kidenza Concert, Pantomime (Tonbridge School),
Class: Bedgebury Arboretum, Shakespeare Schools Festival, Kent Life, Whitstable, RNLI, Rare Breeds Centre, Marden Indian Restaurant, Virtual Beijing, Hever Castle, Scotney Castle, Kino Cinema, St Ronan's School (Art & DT), High Weald Academy, British Museum, V & A, Science Museum, Houses of Parliament.
Extended Day School Care
Breakfast Club (Premier Sports) - daily (inc breakfast)
Afterschool Care - daily (inc supper)
Running & Cross Country
Gymnastics (Premier Sports)
Art / Chinese Art
Drawing (fine motor skills)
Mandarin (G & T - Bethany School)
Healthy Brains/Talk Club
Chatterbooks (Love to Read)
Small World Play (Lego/Playmobile etc)