SJA Announcements January 15-19, 2018
- Musical - Full Cast rehearsal.
- Math League Meeting @ lunch
- Robotics Club Meeting @ lunch in room 2032 for everyone who signed up
- If you missed the meeting for Ski Team, see Ms. Bainbridge, Mme MacLean or Mr. Nichols for a form.
- Cafeteria special: Monday - Spaghetti and Meatballs with Garlic Bread
- To all wrestlers who are wrestling this weekend: You MUST attend Tuesday night's practice. Up to date weights need to be collected. Names and weights have to be submitted by Wednesday.
- Duke of Ed Meeting @ lunch in room 1121 to discuss trip dates
- Yearbook Meeting for Editors after school.
- Phoenix Drop-in in the Teen Health Centre
- A representative from Cape-Breton University will be in the lobby at lunch, and will also be available for one on one meetings in the afternoon; must sign up in guidance.
- Do you have any photos from school events that you would like to see in the yearbook? Or a great picture of your friends? Please share your photos with the yearbook by submitting them online (here)
- Grads, start thinking about your yearbook quotes! For the next two weeks, we will be collecting your quotes for the 2017-2018 yearbook (here). If you do not submit a quote, one will be submitted for you!
- Grade 9 parents course selection presentation at 6:30pm (Storm Date - Wednesday)
- Cafeteria Special: Tuesday - Taco Salad Bowl
- Musical - Full Cast rehearsal - CANCELLED - DUE TO WEATHER
- Ski Team Forms are due to Ms. Bainbridge, Mme MacLean or Mr. Nichols
- ALL AFTER SCHOOL PRACTICES ARE CANCELLED DUE TO THE CURRENT ROAD CONDITIONS
- Cafeteria Special: Wednesday - BBQ Chicken Flatbread Roll with Side of Fries
- If you are interested in representing SJA at an HRM wide Talent Show, "Acts 4 Aids", please come out and audition on Jan 22nd @ lunch!
- Please check the bulletin board outside the main office to see if your bus route is changing! Many routes have had a reduction in stops and changes in times. Changes take effect Jan 22nd.
- Can all players on the boys JV basketball team see Mr. Pellerine today (Thursday) at 11:50 in the gym to pick up a permission form for their tournament next Friday?
- The Homework Hub has extended tutoring hours for Exams. Jan 24-30- 5:00-10:00 pm. Grade 10 and 11 students can access FREE tutoring online by logging in to their gnspes.ca account!
- Cafeteria Special: Thursday - Popcorn Chicken Mashed Potato Bowl
- Yearbooks are on sale for $50 every Thursday and Friday at lunch. Order yours in the Main Office. (Cash/Credit/Debit).
- The boys JV basketball team is reminded to pick up their permission form, from Mr. Pellerine by the end of the day today. Girls and Boys JV basketball fees are due by February 1st. No games for players after this date if they are not in.
- There will be a representative from Cape Breton University in the Seminar Room from 10:30-11:!5. Sign up in Guidance.
- Cafeteria Special: Friday - Teriyaki Chicken over Rice Noodles with a Fortune Cookie
- Auditions for Talent Show - Monday @ lunch
- Math League Meeting - Monday @ lunch
- Yearbook Meeting - Tuesday @ Lunch
- Don't cram. Manage your time. Fill out a study schedule
- Plan at least two long review sessions for each class. Set goals. You can study individually or in a group
- Organize all of your course material
- Make a study list of all the topics that may be on the exam. Consult your course description and the table of contents of your textbook. Allow more time for difficult topics.
- Find or make a practice exam. Also, for math or science exams, practice lots of problems.
- Know the exam. Talk to your teacher about what to expect.
- Review your old tests.
- Avoid distractions.
- Take breaks and exercise to maintain concentration.
- Eat healthy and get plenty of sleep.