Bridgewater Jr./Sr. High School
Underwater Robotics Team
Who are we?
Junior and Senior High Students of Bridgewater Jr./Sr. High School, located in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada.
What are our goals for 2016/17?
We are currently practicing the assembly of two Pufferfish Kits from the MATE (Marine Advanced Technology Education) organization. The kit does not include a frame or powersupply and requires the creation of a circuit board, set up of motors, and connecting of tethers. There is lots to do and a place for any student interested in creating the ROV. Our goal is to upgrade to the Triggerfish kit and enter the regional competition in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
The MATE organization organizes a regional competition in April of each year. Winners move on to the international competition. We are in need of students interested in business and those with skills as graphic designers. You would help the team in such competitions. Each competition requires a technical report and a business plan. The business side involves a presentation to a panel of judges as well as an effective banner/poster advertizing your ROV business.
Benefits of Membership:
- learn new skills
- create innovative technologies
- work within a group on engineering projects
- solve real world problems
- become a member of a team
- attend the regional MATE competition in Dartmouth (April)
- potentially attend the international MATE competition (June). The 2016 competitiion was held at NASA in Houston, Texas.