Ms. Rice 2017-2018
Welcome to Ms. Rice's homework page! I will post any upcoming homework, assignments, and projects here, as well as updates about the amazing things our students are doing in the classroom. Please check back regularly to stay up-to-date.
Occasionally, I will post updates on Twitter to share the work our students are completing. You can follow the handle @AshleyRice109.
I prefer contact by email at AshleyRice@gnspes.ca; however, you may also leave a message for me at the office by phoning 902-765-7570.
December 11, 2017
- Memoirs were due Friday, December 8th and the vast majority have been finished, submitted, and presented this morning (optional). Thanks to the students for their thoughtful work on this assignment.
- The school-wide turkey dinner will be held for all students, free-of-charge, this Thursday, December 14th. It is also a Spirit Day. All students should wear their green PRMS t-shirt!
- There will be a Student Shopping Spree held at recess and lunch, this Friday, December 15th.
- The last ELA assignment before Christmas break is "Unsolved Mysteries." All information and instructions for this assignment is posted on the Google Classroom. This assignment will be due on the last day of school, Thursday, December 21st.
November 6, 2017
Whew! It's been a long three weeks, and I am so happy to be back with my kids! Some due dates posted on the Google Classroom have been adjusted. While students may be required to complete some work at home, there will be substantial time offered in class this week to finish the majority of these projects:
- Community Empowerment Project Proposal - Thursday, November 9, 2017
- First Nations Artifact Presentation - Tuesday, November 14, 2017
- No school for students Friday, November 10, 2017 and Monday, November 13, 2017.
October 13, 2017
- Any students who have not already submitted their "What's in a face?" or their "Story of Halloween through the Eyes of a Candy" writing pieces must have those turned in by Monday morning (they may do this during homeroom if internet access is an issue).
- Students are coming home today with information about the Meadowbrook Meat Market and the Nourish fundraisers taking place at our school over the next few weeks. Forms are due back to the school by October 26, 2017. Pick up is between 3 and 5pm on November 8, 2017.
- Students are also bringing home information about grade 7 immunizations today. Please sign and return these forms by October 20, 2017.
- A REMINDER THAT MRS. RICE WILL BE AWAY BETWEEN OCTOBER 16 AND NOVEMBER 3. I WILL BE STOPPING IN ON MONDAY MORNINGS TO COLLECT STUDENT WORK TO CORRECT WHILE I AM AWAY.
October 2, 2017
- All documented adaptations were sent home with students today with an accompanying letter. I will be writing follow-up emails to all parents who will be receiving these documents.
- All students should bring an old photograph to ELA class on Wednesday, October 4, 2017. A copy of the photo, or a picture of the photo on a device will be fine. The student may also email me a digital photo, which I can print, but it will not be in colour.
- Panthers Provide Day is this Friday, October 6, 2017. All students received their permission forms today. Please review, sign, and return to school as soon as possible.
September 28, 2017
A reminder to all parents and students that tomorrow, Friday, September 29, 2017, there is no school for students.
September 25, 2017
- The Social Studies assignment, Personal Empowerment: Me in 25 Years, was due today for all students. Students who have not finished this assignment by tomorrow will complete the work in Work Recovery.
- A reminder that all permission forms for the Terry Fox Walk, should be returned by tomorrow, Tuesday, September 26, 2017. The PRMS Terry Fox Walk will take place Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 1:20pm. Students, please wear your green Panthers shirts to earn participation points for your class!
- Wednesday, September 27th is Orange Shirt Day at PRMS, recognizing the impact of the residential school system on Canadian indigenous families. Students, please wear orange to earn participation points for your class!
September 22, 2017
- There are still a few outstanding forms and fees to return to the school. We appreciate your efforts in helping us maintain up-to-date records and classrooms for your children!
- Orange Shirt Day will take place on Wednesday, September 25, 2017 to recognize the impact of the residential schools on Canadian Indigenous families and children. Students are encouraged to wear orange and earn participation points for our class!
- The Terry Fox Walk will take place on Thursday, September 28, 2017 in the afternoon. Blue permission forms have been given to all students and must be returned by Tuesday, September 26, 2017. Students are encouraged to wear their green Panthers t-shirts to earn participation points for our class!
September 12, 2017
- A reminder that forms and student fees are due to Mrs. Rice as soon as possible.
- 7R students should return signed Course Communication form to Ms. Rice by tomorrow, September 13, 2017. All outstanding forms in 7L should be returned tomorrow, as well.
- Thank you to all parents who attended this evening's Open House at PRMS. If you were unable to attend, please check out the Google Slides presentation and corresponding notes that Mrs. Leonard and Ms. Rice presented. We hope to meet you all soon!
September 11, 2017
- Reminder to return all important forms and student fees (see below for list and amount).
- 7L students should return signed Course Communication form to Ms. Rice by tomorrow, September 12, 2017. 7R will receive their communication plans tomorrow.
September 7, 2017
Sign and return the following forms:
- Registration form (green) - make any necessary changes on the sheet and return to school
- Photo consent form (purple)
- Appropriate use of electronics form (white)
- Complete contact info at the bottom of Ms. Rice's letter and return
- $25 student fee ($45 per family)