A Nut, Shell Fish and Scent Sensitive School
Hebbville Academy Parent Letter
• As a reminder, 3 layered non-medical masks or medical masks are required indoors when physical distancing is not possible. Students will be provided with these upon their return. Bandanas and neck gaiters are not permitted. Students in PP-4 are encouraged to bring extra masks from home as they tend to lose and/or destroy masks at a much faster rate than their older counterparts;
• Elementary school (PP-4) opens to students at 7:35 am;
• Jr. High school (5-9) opens to students at 8:40 am;
• The cafeteria is closed to student use. Students will eat lunch with their class/group in their classrooms. Students should order their lunches for the week through School Cash Online – students are discouraged from buying their lunch with cash every day;
• Microwaves will not be available for students to heat up their food;
• All students should bring their own water bottles from home;
• Avoid sharing personal items such as water bottles, lip gloss and food;
• Lockers/cubbies can continue to be used. Students should try to minimize the frequency and duration of visits to their lockers;
• Non-essential visitors are not permitted in the school. Only essential visitors who produce proof of vaccine and who wear masks are permitted in the building;
• Music and band classes - For now, no singing or wind instruments will be allowed;
• Mixing of classes (cohorts) will not be allowed so sectionals will be postponed;
• Technology – Grades 3 – 6 should bring technology (Chromebooks, iPads & chargers) back to school where it is to stay. Grades 7- 9 should bring their charged Chromebooks back and forth to school each day;
• PP-4 students are reminded to bring their indoor shoes back to school.
Cannot wait to see everybody!
Stephen Johnson – Principal
Jeff Sylvester – Vice Principal
Janet Dornan – Vice Principal
We encourage families to use the SchoolCash Online link above to order lunches.
Before Each School Day
It is important that each day that families monitor their student for
COVID-19 symptoms. Using the Daily COVID 19 Checklist .
- Updated January 14, 2022
If you are in need of assistance, please click here for information.
2022-2023 Early Registration
Families can register their child for Pre-Primary & Primary between January 10-14 for the 2022-23 school year. As non-essential visitors are not currently permitted in our schools, families can register using the following steps:
You must provide proof of residence (power or water bill), Nova Scotia Health Card and your child's birth certificate. Please upload these documents through the online form or include as an attachment with the email to Hebbville Academy.
Your family must live within the catchment area of Hebbville Academy. You can check out the SSRCE's catchment area map here .
You will receive an email confirming your receipt of registration with additional information.
In order to be eligible to attend Pre-Primary, your child must be 4-years-old on or before December 31 in the year they start Pre-Primary.
In order to register your child for Grade Primary, they must be 5-years-old on or before December 31 in the year they start Grade Primary.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 902-541-8284 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for Noon Hour Supervisors
If you are interested in being a Noon Hour Supervisor at Hebbville Academy, please contact our office. The position will be 2 hours a day.
Provincial Well-Being Survey School Report
Click on the link below to view Hebbville Academy report.