Co-operative Education 12 offers a unique learning experience to students in grades 11 or 12 who are 16 years or older. It is an academic credit that combines in-class learning with a work experience placement in the community. Students can earn multiple Co-op 12 credits.
The application process for Co-op 12 has concluded for the 2018-2019 year has conclud
Please pick up an application package from the office and follow the instructions and deadlines there.
What's included in Co-op 12?
- Workplace Readiness
- Career Path Planning
- First Aid & WHMIS
- Portfolio Development
- Interest, Personality & Skill Surveys
- 100 hours of Work Experience
- Occupational Health & Safety Training
- Resume Building & Interview Practise
Students supply the following:
- Transportation to and from placement
- Appropriate clothing and footwear for work experience placement. Do not buy anything until your placement is confirmed!
- Duotang or binder, pen, pencil, etc.
- Print credits (can be purchased from the service desk) or ability to print in b/w and colour at home
- Optional: Black, navy or dark green 3-ring binder (1-2 inch) for your professional portfolio - choose something plain or formal. Your portfolio will showcase your skills and talents to employers now and in your future. if you have the skills you may do an electronic portfolio instead.
- Optional: 5 tabbed dividers (for portfolio)
- Optional: 10 or more plastic protector sleeves (for portfolio)
Students will also need a Horton Chromebook or personal tablet, laptop or access to a computer. Phones are too small for the work of this course.
Co-op is a special kind of learning opportunity with a unique application process. Students who want to take Co-op 12 need to register online AND complete the steps of the application process included in the Co-op Application Packet. Pick up a packet from the office and follow the instructions and deadlines there. Registration for 2018-2019 is now open.