School Advisory Council
What is a School Advisory Council?
- A School Advisory Council (SAC) is an advisory body to the school principal and the regional centre for education on a range of issues related to the school and the school system.
- School Advisory Council membership can vary, but generally consists of the school principal, parents, teachers and other school staff, and community members.
- The BHJH SAC has been active in supporting school based activities and provides feedback on our school based Student Success Plan. The committee is required to meet six times per year and meetings are generally held in the evening beginning at 6 p.m.
- The province of Nova Scotia provides funding for the SAC to spend in support of improving student achievement.
What does BHJH's School Advisory Council look like?
Our School Advisory Council (SAC) is made up of a variety of school community members. The list of members is as follows:
Members from the 2018-2019 school year were as follows.
- Twyla Dean - Chair
- Carla Carey - Parent
- Denise Cameron - Parent
- VACANT - Parent
- Julia Cameron - Gr 9 Student
- VACANT - Grade 8 Student
- Vikki MacLaughlin - Staff Rep
- Michelle Young - Staff Rep
- Scott MacLean - Admin
- Tom Thomson - Admin