GMMC - Celebrating our 40th anniversary in 2018!
We are a group of outdoor enthusiasts, based in Edmonton, Alberta, who organize trips for our members so that we can enjoy hiking, backpacking, climbing, mountaineering, skiing, snow shoeing, and mountain biking together.
GMMC Newsletters and Bulletins
The club is collecting memories and photos for a special 40th anniversary edition of the newsletter. Please send your contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
40th anniversary weekend!
Calling all GMMC members past and present - Come on out and celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Grant MacEwan Mountain Club!
We have a group campsite booked at Marmot Meadows for June 1-3, 2018. Your $25/person registration fee includes:
- camping space for two nights
- admission to the Vibram Souls party at the Jasper Legion on Saturday night, and
- social activities throughout the weekend.
HOW CAN I JOIN IN THE 40TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS?
If you are a current member:
- Sign up on the GMMC Calendar
- Pay when you sign up. (Note: You MUST pay when you register, even though there may be conflicting messages on the calendar.)
If you are a former member:
- Send an email to email@example.com to indicate your interest.
- The Summer Trips Chair will send you an email address for the e-transfer of $25/person.
WHAT IF I DON'T STAY AT MARMOT MEADOWS?
We still want you to join in the fun! Please let us know that you are in the Jasper area so we can include you in the activities.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can plan for the right number of people.
- For music and dancing at the Jasper Legion on Saturday night, it will be $10 cash at the door. (This event is also open to the public.)
- Space has been reserved for 70 campers at Marmot Meadows. First come, first served!
- You are not registered until your payment has been received.
- The cut-off date for sign up is May 26, 2018.
- Cancellations will be refunded, minus the online transaction fee, up until May 26, 2018.
Hope to see you there!
Next meeting: Wednesday, June 6th, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
Strathcona Community League 10139 87 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 2P3
- Come and socialize with club members. All are welcome!
- Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month (unless a statutory holiday).
- Enter by the ramp on the north side of the building; there is plenty of parking available.
- Doors open at 7:00 p.m. if you would like to help set up chairs and visit before the meeting.
The club averages around 200 members. There are no special prerequisites to join, and there are activities available for all skill levels from beginner to advanced.
The Grant MacEwan Mountain Club (we are not affiliated with MacEwan University) offers a wide range of trips throughout the year, as well as courses, workshops and social events. Trip leaders are volunteers from within the club.
There is a strong emphasis on safety, and some trips require the completion of specific courses, such as Avalanche Skills Training 1, in order to participate. Participants are required to sign a waiver and assumption of risk agreement for each trip.
Members are responsible for assessing their own ability level and choosing trips accordingly.
We have a focus on respect and concern for the natural environment.