Thank you YEG!
Over 225 people took in the film "Dirtbag: the Legend of Fred Beckey" on Wednesday, October 3, at the Metro Cinema at the Garneau. Laughs, tears, and door prizes (courtesy Track N Trail, Patagonia, Vertically Inclined Rock Gym, and MEC).
A very special "thank you" to our partners at Track N Trail and Metro Cinema for making it all possible!
Celebrating our 40th anniversary!
We are a group of outdoor enthusiasts, based in Edmonton, Alberta, who organize trips for our members so that we can enjoy hiking, backpacking, climbing, mountaineering, backcountry skiing, snow shoeing, and mountain biking together.
Next meeting: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 7:30 p.m.
- November's theme is Winter Trips - videos, slides and a discussion of upcoming winter activities such as skiing, snowshoeing and climbing.
- A vote will be held at the November meeting on a Special Resolution. The intention is to rescind Bylaw 22 on New Expenditures from the GMMC Bylaws. Details are in the October news bulletin on page 9 and in the October GMMC Newsflash email.
Strathcona Community League 10139 87 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 2P3
- Come and socialize with club members. All are welcome!
- Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month (unless a statutory holiday).
- Enter by the ramp on the north side of the building; there is plenty of parking available.
- Doors open at 7:00 p.m. if you would like to help set up chairs and visit before the meeting.
The club averages around 200 members. There are no special prerequisites to join, and there are activities available for all skill levels from beginner to advanced.
The Grant MacEwan Mountain Club (we are not affiliated with MacEwan University) offers a wide range of trips throughout the year, as well as courses, workshops and social events. Trip leaders are volunteers from within the club.
There is a strong emphasis on safety, and some trips require the completion of specific courses, such as Avalanche Skills Training 1, in order to participate. Participants are required to sign a waiver and assumption of risk agreement for each trip.
Members are responsible for assessing their own ability level and choosing trips accordingly.
We have our own house band, the Vibram Souls!
We have a focus on respect and concern for the natural environment.