Celebrating our 40th anniversary!
We are a group of outdoor enthusiasts, based in Edmonton, Alberta, who organize trips for our members so that we can enjoy hiking, backpacking, climbing, mountaineering, backcountry skiing, snow shoeing, and mountain biking together.
Next meeting: Wednesday, December 5, 2018, 7:30 p.m.
- December's theme is Hiking in Maui, with David Wasserman. David will be presenting an overview of the many hikes available on the Hawaiian Island of Maui, identifying the main hiking areas and showing photos of some of the highlights of the island’s trails.
Strathcona Community League 10139 87 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 2P3
- Come and socialize with club members. All are welcome!
- Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month (unless a statutory holiday).
- Enter by the ramp on the north side of the building; there is plenty of parking available.
- Doors open at 7:00 p.m. if you would like to help set up chairs and visit before the meeting.
The club averages around 200 members. There are no special prerequisites to join, and there are activities available for all skill levels from beginner to advanced.
The Grant MacEwan Mountain Club (we are not affiliated with MacEwan University) offers a wide range of trips throughout the year, as well as courses, workshops and social events. Trip leaders are volunteers from within the club.
There is a strong emphasis on safety, and some trips require the completion of specific courses, such as Avalanche Skills Training 1, in order to participate. Participants are required to sign a waiver and assumption of risk agreement for each trip.
Members are responsible for assessing their own ability level and choosing trips accordingly.
We have our own house band, the Vibram Souls!
We have a focus on respect and concern for the natural environment.