On June 6-7, 2017, educators from across Goochland County will come together to reflect, iterate, and brainstorm on the role innovation has on the impact of learning for our students. This event is being planned to be fun, energizing, and reflective. The goal is for you to leave with new ideas, friends, and collaborators going into the 2017-18 school year.
- Reflections from Grant Awardees for SY 2016-17
- Internationally-recognized speaker William Rankin, Ph.D.
- Business/Industry Presentation of Scrum
- $1000 worth of giveaways for teachers
- Top-Notch Field Trip Experience
- Brainstorming and Networking Activities
We're Looking for You!
Because of the nature of the planned events, we have to limit the number of participants. We have space for 40 participants total. The sign-up for this event will open on Monday, March 13, 2017 at 4 PM here at this website. Entrants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until we've reached our limit.
Who can participate?
Any current teacher planning to return with us in 2017-18!
Proposed Schedule for June 6 at GHS
Day starts in C143; moves to GHS LMC
- 8:30 AM Convene - Introduction and Welcome
- 8:45 AM The Innovator's Mindset
- 9:00 AM Mandate for Innovation (Guest Speaker)
- 10:00 AM Break
- 10:15 AM Ignite Presentations
- 11:30 AM Luncheon and Design Disruptors Film Screening
- 12:30-1:30 PM Panel Discussion
- 1:45 PM Give Aways I
- 2:00 PM Design Roundtables
- 3:00 PM Give Aways II
- 3:15 PM Closing Words