Mrs. Sands' 5th grade
one TEAM... one GOAL... one FAMILY!
The rockstars of Room 101 are...
here to grow our brains
while having fun
so we can make the impossible
Class #one word--
We are still in the process of choosing our ONE WORD for the class. Below, you'll see an image of our latest brainstorming session!
Mrs. Sands-- Balance
1. EVERY STUDENT is expected to complete reading work nightly This reading work will be a mixture of reading and writing about what they are reading and most nights students will need access to technology. This work will range between 30-45 minutes of work.
2. EVERY STUDENT will take time to sharpen the saw with their families and friends. Balance is best! :)
3. Students are encouraged to write in a journal at home throughout the year to prepare for our final writing unit (I promise this will come in handy!)
4. Students will receive 1 weekly math page that will be checked each Friday. We will be using S.O.L.V.E to guide our work this year. Students must complete the minimum work required each day, but they can work ahead as long as they are completing the quality work expected.
5. Students who were unable to use their work time wisely during class have additional homework to catch up on classwork. Please check your child's planner to see if they have this additional homework.
This year we are working on Putting First Things, FIRST!
Reminders and Important Dates!
September 11th-- PTO Meeting @ 7PM in room 111. Childcare provided
September 21st-- Jog for Jefferson!!
September 22nd-- First day of Autumn...... go pick some apples or pumpkins together ;)
September 28th-- Progress Reports go home
September 28th-- Jog Celebration Assembly
October 9th-- Student-led Conference Night
October 11th-- Student-led Conference Night