Hi I am DocM, 8th grade math teacher and Chess Club coach.
Chess Club will practice the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month, starting in OCT, from 2:30-3:45 in Room 218. This club is open to students in grades 6-8 as we will not practice past 3:45. If you have a child not in 6-8 but LOVES chess, I strongly encourage them to get their USCF membership and participate in the events that allow for their grade level.
- This is my first year, so I am not sure of many things with this, but as a mom of 2, I am always aware of costs.
- $25 GHSD 69 Activity Fee: Paid for by 10/25. Fill out form and return to office by 10/25 ACTIVITY FEE FORM
- $6-$10 for United Chess Federation Membership - do not get one until we first meet as a team in early October
- $15 or so t-shirt cost for Chess Club
- $$ any food or drink purchases as the different events. Also, some places might charge a nominal entry fee for parents, but I am not sure about that.
- Here is the TENTATIVE SCHEDULE. If this is something that your child can do, great. They do not have to go to all of them, but the ones in Peoria are KING size events!
- Oct 12 National Chess Day @ Mark Twain Peoria GOING AS A TEAM - parents provide own transport to and from
- Nov 9 Morton Invite - Morton IL--GO on your own if you wish
- Nov 16 IL All Grade Champ at Peoria Civic Center GOING AS A TEAM- parents provide own transport to and from
- Dec 14 Dunlap Invite - Dunlap IL --GO on your own if you wish
- Jan 11 Riverview - Riverview School GOING AS A TEAM -parents provide own transport to and from
- Jan 25 Bradley Winter Open - Bradley University Peoria -GO on your own if you wish
- Feb 8 St. Mary's - Metamora GOING AS A TEAM -parents provide own transport to and from
- Feb 28-29 IESA State Grades 6-8 - Peoria Civic Center GOING AS A TEAM ON BUS
SIGN UP FOR CHESS CLUB: https://forms.gle/wDMQ5wkrQd4B2edD8
- Greater Peoria Chess Federation http://www.peoriachess.com/
- IESA Chess https://www.iesa.org/activities/chs/
- IL Chess Association https://www.il-chess.org/community-wide-programs/peoria