Healthy Germantown is excited to present Walk Across Tennessee, a team-based fitness program encouraging team members to cumulatively move the equivalent of the length of Tennessee (about 500 miles) or more. This program has been presented in communities across Tennessee for 20 years, and this is the third year for Germantown. As in years past, Healthy Germantown is coordinating three different competitions: citizens, school classrooms and City of Germantown Employees. If you would like to track numbers specific to your organization, ask your captains to include your organization name on the team registration form.
How it works:
- five-week event October 19 - November 22, 2019
- five members per team, each team with their own captain
- Total team mileage logged weekly (Saturday to Friday)
- Goal: Each team should log at least 500 miles in five weeks
- Miles can be walked or converted from other activities (ex: 15 minutes bicycling = one mile). See conversion chart on the "Totals" tab for details. If converting from steps, 2000 steps = 1 mile.
- Each team that reaches at least 500 miles will be entered into a prize raffle
- Photo Contest: Get caught being healthy!
- Gather your family or friends at work, neighbors, club members - encourage them to form multiple teams to compete against each other
- Each team captain must complete a team registration form, and each of the 5 team members (including the captain) must complete an individual registration form.
- Captains gather individual mileage totals and submit team totals each week
- There is no charge for participation
Upcoming Events for counting steps/logging miles:
- October 26 - Volleyball Tournament (Volleyball (match) 9 minutes = 1 mile, Volleyball (leisure) 23 minutes = 1 mile)
- October 26 - Fall Fest (including Fairy Tale Trail and Haunted Trail)
- Funding for T-shirts, prizes
- Donations of awards/team raffle prizes (in multiples of 5 for each team member)
For more information: