March 19, 2019
Report Written By: Oona Villarreal
Theater Booster Meeting- Minutes
Held March 19, 2019, for all parents in theatre classes
The meeting was called to order and the following topics were discussed.
1 Congratulations: At Wimberly festival in February the UIL - One Act Play, won 4 awards for performance and 1 for technical. Then at the District level the One act play competed and advanced to the Bi- District, Which is to be held at Rouse High School on March 27th. The estimated time for the performance is 4:30pm. Good luck and let’s try to see the show. We want to keep tweeting and posting on social media with all our great news. Please like and share and retweet.
GAHSMTA: Awards show is April 17th at the Long Center, Each school is alloted 24 student tickets to represent their school. We still have 12 STUDENT tickets available. This is an awesome opportunity to get excited about our theater program and to see all of the other schools performance showcase. We have 2 nominations: Best Orchestra and Best Featured Performer: Wendy Kuhn. Good Luck!
2. Treasurer’s Report: The report was given by Oona Villarreal due to treasurer’s absent. The concessions duty was deposited. Congrats on being the 2nd highest booster group to earn money during the football season at total of $3216.00. It was discussed and agreed upon to resign up for next year. Our February expense was the deposit for the Wimberly Festival of One Act Plays, the reimbursement from the student checks were deposited in March and brings our total to date to $4400.
3. VP report: Michelle Wann informed us of a rental charge for the cafeteria. We will look further into this but we have not been told it applies to this year. Our banquet is scheduled in the cafeteria on May 11th. Details to come. The amount is about $400.oo and if that is in effect this year we may opt for a new site. We will wait for confirmation.
4. On to Bi- District: The OAP competes on March 27th apt Rouse HS, at 5pm. Break a Leg.
5. Fundraising ideas: It was discussed to do a video blast request for donations at the beginning of the next school year in September. We are looking for the best way to do this if anyone has good contact for this let us know. We will also sign up for concessions again.
6. New business: Banquet: The banquet is open to all students taking a theater or tech class and all are encouraged to go. Kelly will give the students a few themes to choose from for the banquet. Oona will get two bids for catering. We estimate about 40-50 people to attend. It was mentioned that Seniors go at no charge. It was discussed to set up a points system to earn a free ticket to go to banquet for the underclassmen by logging in volunteer hours by parents and students. An idea we agreed we could start next year.
The ballot for awards and gift certificate will be reconstructed to be more inclusive for all grades, Freshman thru Seniors for both male and female divisions, an approximate 20-25 awards and certificates will be given. There will also be a summer scholarship awarded and the entry will be an essay to be turned in to the board.
7. New Board members; Are you ready to get involved? We are taking volunteers and nominations for the next meeting. There will be new committee leaders such as communications, fundraising, volunteers and board positions. Let us know what you want to do. C'mon Kids let's put on Show!