From the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention, these modules cover a wide range of topics including opioid treatment for chronic non cancer pain, obesity prevention, and webcasts of various Grand Rounds.
- Pathways to Safer Opioid Use
- Applying CDC’s Guidelines for Prescribing Opioids: Module 1: Addressing the Opioid Epidemic: Recommendations from CDC
- Module 2: Treating Chronic Pain without Opioids
- Module 3: Communicating with Patients
- Module 4: Reducing the Risks of Opioids
- Module 5: Assessing and Addressing Opioid Use Disorder (OUD)
Centers for Disease Control Public Health Grand Rounds
These Grand Rounds cover a range of Public Health topics.
National Center for Complementary and Integrated Health
This series of video lectures reviews the current state of science as related to complementary medicine.
- Towards Psychobiotics: The Microbiome as a Key Regulator of Brain and Behavior
- Neural Basis of Mind-Body Pain Therapies
- Clinically Relevant Herb-Drug Interactions: Past, Present, and Future
- International Perspectives on Acupuncture Research
- When Experts Disagree: The Art of Medical Decision Making
- Change Your Brain by Transforming Your Mind
Clinical Directors Network
The Clinical Directors Network has a library of over 900 webcasts covering topics including chronic disease, mental health, women’s health, clinical research, public health, and more. Many of the webcasts are available for free CME credit.
- Long-Term Outcomes of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome: Implications for Providers and Caregivers
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP): Best Practices for Pharmacists
- Research Done Differently: The Ins and Outs of Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
- Innovations in Patient Engagement to Improve Patient Safety in Primary Care: Warm-Handoff Plus
- Taking the Pain out of P-values
Patient Safety Network
Presented by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s Patient Safety Network, these text based case studies, focusing on patient safety issues, are available for free CME/CE.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
CME from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, including modules on comparative effectiveness, quality and patient safety, and prevention/care management.
National Institutes of Health’s Office of Research on Women’s health
From the National Institutes of Health’s Office of Research on Women’s health, these three courses on sex and gender and the practice of medicine are currently not available for CME credit.