All AV reservation and services are contingent upon availability of equipment. In order to guarantee we will be able to complete your request, we ask you submit a help ticket 48 hours (2 full business days) prior to small events (such as laptop, projector, or speakers set ups), and five days prior to larger events (speaker events or large parties).
If you are unsure as to whether we have the equipment or expertise for certain audio and visual events, please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will address your event individually as soon as possible.
If you have questions about what equipment we have available for loan, you can find a full list of available equipment on the Computing Page.
The classrooms in the MSB are fully equiped with a variety of different Audio and Visual recording equipment. The Technology Center provides support for all of these systems, including:
- Audio assistance - Speakers, handheld microphones, lavalier microphones, classroom and conference room audio assistance
- Presentation and Visual assistance - Classroom and conference room projection, portable projection
- Video recording - presentation and lecture recordings
If you are in need of assistance or have any questions, please call the technology center at (202) 687-4721, or stop by during our Hours of Operation.
Connecting to Video in the Classrooms and Breakout Rooms
Air Media allows you to stream your computer's Audio and Visual content directly to the laptops and televisions in the classrooms and breakout rooms. Watch a video demonstration on how to connect to AirMedia.
If you require any support, please call the Technology Center at (202) 687-4721, or stop by the first floor during Open Office Hours.
Classroom Tech Tips
Over the summer we made many changes to the classrooms. Here is a list of things you should know about the classrooms.
- Projectors - They are all new and brighter, with better definition. The bulbs are still expensive. Please shut down the projectors if they are not going to be used for an hour or more. Remember, Video Mute does not shut down the projector. If you have the projector on Video Mute the bulb is still burning. It takes 15 seconds to start a projector from a cold start.
- Pointer/Clickers – MSBTC does not put pointer/clickers in the classrooms as they disappear quickly. We instead provide a clicker to each faculty member. Most have already been issued. If you need a clicker we have them at MSBTC but, unless you can convince us you were not issued a clicker in the past we charge $60 for a replacement.
- Batteries - We know there is a constant requirement for 9 volt and AA/AAA batteries. We are stocking them in the classrooms but it is hard to tell if the ones in the drawer were good. Batteries are now also available to any faculty member who needs them at the MSBTC counter. Please stop by and pick up your own replacements.
- Air Media – Each room now has a way for students to wirelessly project their personal computer onto the class screen. It is called Crestron Air Media. It is pretty easy to use as these tools go. Directions are on the MSBTC web page. Here is the direct link.
- Electronic Annotation – We will very soon support electronic annotation in each classroom from the podium computer. This means you will be able to mark up anything presented from the podium computer. If you are recording the lecture the markups will also be recorded. Instructions on how to use this new tool will be posted on the MSBTC web site.
- iClickers – The MBA program supervises iClicker training. MSBTC provides hardware. Here is his information on the subject.
- Please contact the MBA Office if you wish to use iClickers in the classroom.
- Document Cameras – Each classroom has a document camera installed above the lectern. The doc camera can be sourced from the Crestron tablet to project the content on the table to the side of the lectern.
*Note: Heads up, this is likely the last year we will have Windows 7 as the classroom podium computer operating system. If you have a personal program you want to run in the classroom after this time next year (Aug 2016) it will have to run on Windows 10.
Just like everyone else MSBTC is really busy this time of year. If you use e-mail to send a trouble call or suggestion please send it to email@example.com, not to individual MSBTC staff.
Recording and Conferencing
As an MSB user you have many options when it comes to video-teleconferencing. Below are the MSBTC supported systems and a brief description. Additional information and limited training is available through MSBTC.
What follows is a brief description of each program and instructions on how to create an account (if applicable) or how to sign up for a scheduled session..
If you have questions or comments please contact MSBTC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Echo360 Personal Capture
*Note: All video recording, audio, presentation, and conferencing assistance must be scheduled 48 hours in advance of the event. If you fail to schedule your event during this time frame we cannot guarantee the equipment or assistance will be available.