Gainesville High School
The mission of Gainesville High School is; Shaping Tomorrow by Creating Excellence Today, and the GHS Counseling Department team is here to support that shared mission and our students in achieving excellence. Through individual student conferences, classroom lessons (guidance), counseling workshops and community and parent meetings, we strive to facilitate each student’s success and remove barriers to a student’s’ education.
The mission of the Gainesville High School Counseling Department is to implement a standards-based comprehensive school counseling program that:
- Includes a curriculum addressing the needs of all students in the domains of academic, personal/social, and career development
- Provides specialized interventions based on identified student needs
- Enhances the ability of students to identify and utilize the appropriate resources needed for post-secondary success
- Creates positive relationships with students fostering personal growth, service to others, and academic achievement
- Encourages counselors to consult and collaborate with other educators, parents, and community on behalf of all students
We look forward to working with all of our students and are dedicated to facilitating their academic success and the realization of their post-secondary plans. Please visit this page often as we will update it with resources and post important dates and events that are being planned to help students accomplish their goals.
GO BIG RED!