Here are the "must-haves" for an effective Living Things investigation:
- Most of the projects submitted in this category will be traditional scientific investigations. Use of the scientific method is expected.
- Please include a log of your progress through your whole process. This can be in electronic form or using a log-book.
- Your display should summarize all of your work through the process and needs to highlight each step in the scientific method.
- Please include graphs and/or images where appropriate.
- Include materials lists, cited sources for research, procedures, etc.
Sample science inquiry questions for the Living Things category:
- Does caffeine affect plant growth?
- Does the color of light affect plant growth?
- Does the age of seeds affect germination?
- Does diet affect your body's pH?
- Are insects attracted to heat or light?