Bessemer City HS
It is the role of the Bessemer City High School Athletic Department to provide student-athletes with the opportunity to develop their athletic abilities to full potential while safeguarding their physical welfare in an environment that promotes both high academic standards and the development of leadership capabilities. These objectives are best achieved through a broad-based program, which provides equal opportunity for all its students-athletes regardless of race, color, age, sex, disability, religion, ethnic or national origin, or sexual orientation and which is administered in accordance with the highest principles of interscholastic athletic competition.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
- To conduct a program that achieves a high level of interest and support of student, faculty, alumni, local community and other segments of the community.
- To employ an athletic staff of integrity, knowledge, skills and leadership qualities that enable programs of mental, moral, and physical benefit to student-athletes.
- To administer and compete with high ideals of integrity and sportsmanship.
- To provide student-athletes with adequate practice and competition facilities and proper medical supervision.
- To provide student-athletes with support systems to promote academic success and on-time graduation.
- To provide successful competitive athletic opportunities.
- To provide information for all sports to the media, on an equitable basis.