The following procedures will be used for new students:
- Upon registration, the same documents provided to all students at the start of the school year will be provided to the new student and family. These documents include: School Board Policies 815 and 224, Garnet Valley Future Ready Technology Initiative Guidelines and Expectations, Google Apps information, and Social Media Guidelines. The principal, or designee, will review the information with the student and family and answer any questions.
- Upon receipt of the Insurance Fee (pro-rated at $10.00 per quarter) and all signed documents (by the designated person in each building), the Computer Technician/Technology Support Personnel will be notified. The Computer Technician/Technology Support Personnel will remove a device from the loaner pool and prepare the device, sleeve and charger for student use (including adding to student inventory records).
- When the device has been properly configured, the Computer Technician/Technology Support Personnel will meet with the student for a brief overview of use and care of the device.
- Signed documents should be maintained in the school building with other Garnet Valley Future Ready Initiative signed documents.
The following procedures will be used for Withdrawn Students:
If you move or leave the district to go to another school, you should return the device on your last day in the district. The device and charging cord should be taken to the Technology Support Office and the device will be powered on so that it can be checked for damage. If you leave the district and do not return the device, the district will make a reasonable attempt to contact you and recover the device. If these efforts are unsuccessful, after 7 days, the district will treat the device as stolen and notify the appropriate authorities.
- Upon withdrawal from school, the student will return the device and charger in the same condition as received, except normal wear and tear.
- The Computer Technician/Technology Support Personnel will examine the device. If the device is in need of maintenance or repair beyond normal wear and tear, as determined by the District, the computer technician will follow the procedures outlined on the Warranty/Insurance Claims page.
- Once any maintenance/repair work has been completed, inventories will be updated and the device will be placed back in the loaner pool.
- Any student who withdraws from the district who fails to return their device or has outstanding financial obligations, will have their grades and/or transcripts withheld. After 7 days, the district will treat the device as stolen and notify the appropriate authorities.