Fees & Insurance Information
Garnet Valley School District is self-insuring all devices. The fee to lease the device for the 2019-2020 school year will be $50.00 per student, per device with a $50 deductible for damage and a $150 deductible for theft or loss; $50 deductible for the charger. The deductible is charged for each incident and is in addition to the leasing fee. The leasing fee is designed to be as fair and equitable as possible and, as a result, fees are set at levels that will not discourage participation in the program. Therefore, fees are set within a structure that represents underlying costs, as well as the fee policies of surrounding districts for technology.
Our district is committed to ensuring that no student will be denied instructional technology because of a financial hardship, therefore we will offer financial help when needed. Families who participate in this program will still be required to pay the deductible of $50 for each damaged claim and $150 for each theft or loss claim; $50 deductible for the charger. For more information or to apply for financial assistance, please click here.
There is no discount for families with multiple students in the high school at this time, however, there will be a fee cap of $100.00 per family. You may not substitute homeowners or other personal insurance for District-procured Laptop insurance.
Families may choose to pay the leasing fee the following ways:
- Pay online here. There is no fee for this credit card transaction.
- Bring cash, check, or money order, payable to Garnet Valley School District, at the time of your pickup. For families with more than one student in the high school, you may use one check, however, please write the names of the students on the memo line of the check.
The following scenarios are provided to help students/parents/guardians better understand the financial obligation associated with leasing a district device. This is a sample list and in no way represents a complete list of possible scenarios.
- Damage- Pays for damage to the laptop computer on school property or at another location such as home.
- Accidental Damage- Pays for accidental damage caused by liquid spills, drops, falls and collisions.
- Theft- Pays for loss or damage of the laptop computer due to theft. This claim requires an official copy of the local police report.
- Fire- Pays for loss or damage of the laptop computer due to fire. The claim requires an official copy of the local fire company report.
- Electrical Surge- Pays for damage to the laptop computer due to an electrical surge.
- Natural Disaster- Pays for loss caused by a natural disaster.
- Dishonest, Fraudulent, Intentional or Criminal Acts- Insurance will not cover damages or loss due to dishonest, fraudulent, intentional or criminal acts.
- Vandalism- Insurance will not cover damage or loss due to vandalism while in the student’s possession.
- Device Accessories- Case, sleeve or charger.
The district reserves the right for final determination of claims.