First official practice dates at GVHS & GVMS for the 2019-2020 school year:
HS Fall: Monday, August 12th, 2019 (Football Heat Acclimatization Begins August 5th)
MS Fall: Monday, September 9th, 2019
HS Winter: Monday, November 18th, 2019
MS Winter: Monday, November 18, 2019
HS & MS Spring: Monday, March 2nd, 2020
High school sport specific meetings are scheduled by your child’s coach after teams have been established each season.
There was an Athletic Department Kick Off meeting for high school and middle school parents at 6:00pm in the Garnet Valley High School Auditorium on Monday, August 5th. This meeting gave you a chance to learn about the interscholastic athletic program at Garnet Valley High School and Garnet Valley Middle School. The agenda for the meeting was as follows:
· GVSD’s Athletic Philosophy
· Attendance and Academic Eligibility
· Accessing Athletic Schedules
· College Recruiting for Athletics
· Sports Medicine Information
High School and Middle School Winter Sports Information
All students trying out for winter sports must register via FamilyID.
- High School Registrations: Please go to https://www.familyid.com/garnet-valley-school-district-athletics/garnet-valley-high-school-2019-2020-winter-athletics
- Middle School Registrations: Please go to https://www.familyid.com/garnet-valley-school-district-athletics/garnet-valley-middle-school-2019-2020-winter-athletics
- If your child participated in a fall sport you DO NOT have to upload the section 6 form when registering your child. If your child was registered and participated in a fall sport please click the Section 7 button in the section labeled PHYSICIANS.
- If this is your child's first season of participation you MUST upload the section 6 form when registering your child. All Section 6 physicals MUST be dated on or after June 1, 2019 (no exceptions). Do not upload any physical that is not on the Section 6 form.
- Physicals can be conducted by a family doctor, urgent care, or minute clinic.
- The Section 6 form is available at the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NLma04ocSxFGKHuQjCBmXERrDytsV5dd/view
- Some doctors (specifically urgent care) will also want you to see a completed Section 5: Health History form, when conducting the physical. The Section 5 form is available at the following link:
Just a reminder all registrations must be complete 10 days prior to tryouts.
Middle School Tryout Information
The Garnet Valley Middle School offers fall interscholastic sports for 7th and 8th graders in: wrestling, boys and girls basketball, and winter cheerleading. Participation on all interscholastic sports is competitive. For this reason a student may only try out for one team per athletic season.
Middle School Winter Sports Tryout Information
7th Grade Tryouts: 12/2 2:30-4:30 (Main Gym), 12/3 2:30-4:30 (Main Gym), 12/4 2:30-4:00 (Main Gym)
8th Grade Tryouts: 12/4 4:00-5:30 (Main Gym), 12/5 2:30-4:30 (Main Gym), 12/6 2:45 -4:45 (BYC: O’Donoghue Field House)
7th Grade Tryouts: 12/2 2:30-4:30 (Old Gym), 12/3 2:30-4:30 (Old Gym), 12/4 2:30-4:00 (Old Gym)
8th Grade Tryouts: 12/4 4:00-5:30 (Old Gym), 12/5 2:30-4:30 (Old Gym), 12/6 2:45 -4:45 (BYC: O’Donoghue Field House)
Wrestling: Mr. J. Stroup email@example.com
Practice begins on 12/2 and is everyday from 2:30-4:30. Students should be prepared to work out inside and run outside. Coach Stroup will distribute schedules. Students should meet in the cafeteria on 12/2.
Cheerleading: Ms. Flicker firstname.lastname@example.org
Tryout Practice 11/18 2:30-4:00 (Old Gym), Tryout Practice 11/20 2:30-4:00, Tryouts 11/22 2:30-4:30