GVSD Course Development HUB
Welcome and Overview
Welcome to the Garnet Valley School District Course Development Hub!
In order to continue to innovate, lead, and personalize learning for all students, our District has developed a 4-part “Student-Centered Course Design Process” that will support our ongoing work towards becoming a model Future Ready School District. The 4-part Student-Centered Course Design Process includes professional learning and work around: Instructional Design, Curriculum Design, Resource Design, and Course Design.
This site will provide you with an overview of and materials for supporting Garnet Valley's course development process. In order to personalize learning for our students, this multi-year, multi-stage process allows our teachers to collaboratively and authentically build curricula and courses that can be offered in three formats: Face to Face, Online and Blended.
Below are the processes that lay out the GVSD Curriculum and OER Development plan.
Stage 1 - Instructional Design
- Completing targeted professional learning on student centered instructional design.
Stage 2 - Curriculum Design
- Completing targeted professional learning on Understanding by Design 2.0.
- Completing the GVSD UbD2.0 Curriculum Template
- Completing the GVSD Standards & Goals Template
- Using the GVSD Acquisition Skills Template, build out a Scope & Sequence of Learning Objectives (SWBAT) in each Unit.
- Completing the GVSD Planned Course Cover Sheet
Stage 3 - Resource Design (Open Education Resources - OER)
- Completing targeted professional learning on Open Education Resource Development.
- Connecting the UbD2.0 Acquisition Skills to the OER Module Flowcharts.
- Using the GVSD Digital Resource Checklist to guide the research and evaluation of the Collection, Curation, Creation & Organization of materials
- Building out the GVSD OER Curriculum Unit Module Flow Chart
Stage 4 - Course Design (Digitization into Schoology)
- Completing course digitization into Schoology.