2017 Spirit Awards/ Spirit Stop Results
Each school level with the most staff/student participation receives an annual award that passes between the schools. They are:
- RISD Spirit Run Trophy presented to the best spirit stop by a panel of judges based on enthusiasm, participants at spirit stop, volume of sound, and number of registered runners from their feeder pattern (2017 Winner: Berkner High School Feeder Pattern with 497 participants!)
- RISD Excellence in Education Foundation Junior High Spirit Stick presented to the largest junior high staff and student team (2017 Winner: Richardson North Junior High, 39 participants)
- RISD Excellence in Education Foundation Elementary Spirit Stick presented to the largest elementary staff and student team (2017 winner: Richardson Terrace Elementary, 77 participants)
- RISD Excellence in Education Foundation Corporate Team Trophy presented to the largest corporate team (2017 winner: Legacy Bank, 24 participants)
- RISD Board of Trustees Student Team Trophy presented to the largest student team (2017 winner: Lake Highlands High School, 41 student participants)
- The Stephanie Lynne Calams Memorial Staff Team Trophy presented to the largest staff team (2017 winner: Berkner High School, 46 participants)
How is the winner of the Spirit Run Trophy decided?
A Panel of Four Judges (4) will determine the winner of the 2017 RISD Spirit Run Trophy.
Criteria for the RISD High School Winning the 2017 RISD Spirit Run Trophy:
Number of participating students & adults at Spirit Stop – drum lines, cheer leaders, band members, spirit supporters
Enthusiasm of group as runners are passing – Loud music, cheering, waving etc.
Number of participants registered in the high school feeder pattern.
The RISD High School to win the RISD Spirit Run Trophy will be the one with the most participants in the feeder pattern and the best , most spirited RISD Spirit Stop as determined by the panel of judges.