Check back often for updated information.
Call for Proposals
- Grow RISD Conference 2019 will be held July 24 & 25 at Richardson High School.
- We welcome all proposals. Proposals will be accepted through 4:00 pm on Friday, May 3rd.
- Please complete the information requested on the Call for Proposals Form. Here is a list of what you will need to complete the form:
- Lead Presenter's Name, Title, Organization/School/Department, Email and Phone
- Co-Presenters (if any) Name, Title, Organization/School/Department
- Session Title, Description, Outline and Learning Outcome(s)
- Strand (Select from list, see explanations below)
- Setup Needs and Additional Technology Needs*
- Target Audience (experience level, position, grade levels)
The district expectation is for all presentations to model engaging instruction for all learners, just as we would in our classrooms for students. This includes incorporating Lead4Ward Instructional Strategies, Differentiated Instruction, and Instructional Technology tools and resources if applicable. For the purpose of supporting all teachers with their T-TESS goals, presentations should show alignment to one or more dimensions of T-TESS.
All attendees are encouraged to bring their own device as a learning tool.
60 minute tabletop displays with resources and ideas for attendees on a variety of topics. In this multi-booth environment, presenters can engage with attendees individually or in small groups. This environment encourages meaningful conversations regarding ideas, implementation, tools, and projects that attendees can immediately incorporate in their classroom. Sessions are grouped around a common theme, such as STEM, PLC, Technology, PBIS, etc.
45 minute breakout to share strategies, resources, or tools.
90 minute presentation that includes time for learning, collaboration and design. This may include educator or student panel discussions.
3 hour session that includes time for learning, collaboration, design, and implementation. Attendees can expect to leave with a product or plan.
Quality Tier 1 Instruction
The focus of this strand is on specific grade level and content area curriculum and instructional strategies to support creating engaging classrooms. This includes best practices to support PLCs and the 4 questions, TRS, lead4ward and technology integrated lessons.
Classroom Cultures that Ensure Success
The focus of this strand is on classroom and behavior management best practices as well as building relationships with students and parents. Topics include SEL, PBIS, Cultural Competency and Digital Citizenship.
All Means All
The focus of this strand is on meeting individual students' needs (GenEd, SPED, English Learners, GT, RtI, etc.) to promote an inclusive classroom environment. This includes formative assessments, extension and enrichment and scaffolding strategies for all students and all demographics.
Leadership and Building Capacity
The focus of this strand is to provide practices and strategies for developing and supporting effective leadership for teacher teams and schools to function as high performing PLCs.
To differentiate for our learners' needs. You will need to indicate the desired experience level of the audience for your presentation:
- Beginner: = Level 1(Entry Level) Getting Started
- Intermediate: = Level 2 (Application Level) Refining
- Experienced = Level 3 (Advanced) Cutting Edge
- All Audiences
The Lead Presenter will receive all correspondence related to the session via email and is expected to share that information will any co-presenters.
You must bring your own laptop. Please bring your presentation on a flash drive as a back-up. All rooms will have a projector with standard HDMI. If you aren't sure what these look like, click here to see pictures.
You will need to provide your own adapter if the HDMI setup is not appropriate for your presentation. Please bring your own clicker if you wish to use one. If you have specific needs or questions, please list them under "Additional Technology Needs" on the form. We will let you know if we can support your needs.
- All sessions will be assigned to a classroom with tables and chairs or student desks.