helpful parent information
Welcome! Thank you for visiting the Media Center page. Below is helpful information for you to reference as you assist your child at NGMS.
How can I help my child become a better reader?
- Encourage your child to find books that interest him/her. Ask Mrs. Stark or a librarian at the public library for help matching books and interests!
- Set aside 20 minutes per day for your child to read for pleasure. Let them read any item of their choice during this time.
- Engage with your child about what he/she is reading. Read together or ask questions about characters!
- Make reading a highlight of the day. Reading should never feel like a chore or a task to be completed.
- Read with your student! New for the 2018-2019 school year is our Article of the Week. This article is shared via the parent newsletter and NGMS Media Center eClass page.
Parent volunteers make a difference in the Media Center. Volunteer responsibilities include assisting with check-out/check-in, shelving books, helping with special projects or displays, staffing the bi-annual book fairs. Volunteers are needed on a regular or one-time basis. Contact Mrs. Stark at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.