Who is the Stoichiest?!?
Who is the Stoichiest?!?
Chemical reactions are used to create the things that we use in our everyday lives. We use stoichiometry as a way to predict how much of a product will be made in a chemical reaction from a given/chosen amount of reactants. In this project you will have to take your favorite pastime and find at least one chemical reaction that makes it possible. You and your group members will then have to create a comedy through the use of whatever tech skills you decide and using the numerical data that comes with predicting the products of your chemical reaction. At the end of the project we will vote on the funniest video. The winner will receive a trophy, and go down as the funniest Stoicher there is!!
- 4e. use mathematics and computational thinking to apply concepts of the mole and Avogadro's number to conceptualize and calculate percent composition, empirical/molecular formulas, and mass, mole and particle relationships
- 4f. use mathematics and computational thinking to identify and solve different types of reaction stoichiometry problems (i.e., mass to moles, mass to mass, moles to moles, and percent yield) using significant figures
- 4g. plan and carry out an investigation to demonstrate the conceptual principle of limiting reactants
- Language arts
- LA09.D.33: present information, findings, and supporting evidence clearly, concisely, and logically such that listeners can follow the line of reasoning and the organization, development, substance, and style are appropriate to purpose, audience, and task
LA09.D.34: make strategic use of digital media (e.g., textual, graphical, audio, visual, and interactive elements) in presentations to enhance understanding of findings, reasoning, and evidence and to add interest
- TEC1.A.1: Demonstrate employability skills required by business and industry
- TEC1.A.4: Identify, describe, evaluate, select and use appropriate technology
- TEC1.A.5: Apply concepts needed to understand, communicate, and adapt to a digital world
- TEC1.A.12: Demonstrate appropriate use of literacy skills
- Students will choose the correct chemical reaction for their favorite pass-times
- Students will correctly predict their desired product from a chosen amount of reactant
- Student will implement the science into their comedic representation in a way that is logical and realistic
- Language Arts
- Product that has used the skills that
- Students will fill out a google form indicating what their primary and secondary interests are.
- Students will research and find a chemical reaction that applies to their area of interest and research how it is used to create their pass time.
- Students will start the Project document, and brainstorm ideas
- All project planning documents should be submitted to the google form with the following
- Link to your detailed group contract
- Research for at least on chemical reaction relevant to your area of choice on the google doc.
- possible reactions and research for at least three chemical reactions
- Students should decided on a medium for comedy
- Detailed timeline for meetings, deliverables, and submission on google doc
- SCRUM board set-up with leader selected
- SCRUM leader check-in
- Completed script and storyboard (2019 Storyboard Template) .
- Stoichiometry teaching checks
- Everyone should be filming and creating their product
- continue working on prototype
- SCRUM Check-in
- prototype Due
- Use feedback to improve prototype
- SCRUM check-in
- Project Due at the end of academy