9th - 12th Grade News
upcoming field experiences
FHS Cocoa & cramming
Cocoa and Cramming will be held in the FHS Cafeteria on December 11th, from 4:30-7:00 p.m. Students will be able to see FHS Teachers for help with their classes.
fhs make-up finals
FHS Make-up Finals: If you miss a final at FHS, you may make it up on the following dates:
- Monday, January 7
- Wednesday, January 9th
- Monday, January 14th
Make up finals will be held in the cafeteria starting at 4:00 p.m.
Juniors interested in applying for Arkansas Governor’s School can now apply online. AGS is a four-week summer enrichment program for students interested in pursuing advanced classes in their field of interest. AGS will be held this year at Arkansas Tech University in Russellville from June 10 through July 24. Please see your counselor for more information or go to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are lengthy. If you are interested, please begin your application soon. The deadline for applying is January 15th. https://www.atu.edu/ags/
College board opportunity scholarships
Junior Students---Starting with the Class of 2020, the College Board is offering the new "College Board Opportunity Scholarships." You'll be eligible for up to a $40,000 scholarship by completing college-readiness steps like practicing for the SAT and completing the FAFSA. See the link for details. https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/
Fayetteville High School will have a club lacrosse team this spring! Lacrosse is one of the fastest growing sports in the country, and FHS will now have a team.
If you are interested, visit our website at www.fayarlax.net. Follow them on Instagram and Twitter at @fayarlax for updates and information. You can email Coach Flannigan with any questions at email@example.com
congrats fhs dance team!
Congratulations to the FHS Dance Team for earning the State Runner-up Title last weekend in Hot Springs! We are proud of you!!!
GUIDED STUDY: EVERY TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, & THURSDAY
Guided Study is an optional time for students to come in and work with the assistance and support of their teachers.
- Tuesdays | 10:00 - 12:00 & 1:30 - 3:30
- Wednesdays | 10:00 - 12:00 & 1:30 - 3:30
- Thursdays | 10:00 - 12:00 & 1:30 - 3:30
Students may stay between sessions if they would like to. They may bring a sack lunch to eat and take a break in the back classroom.
There is no sign-up requirement for students to attend. We hope to see you there!
FVA INTERNSHIPS, MENTORSHIPS, JOB SHADOWING
Our Internship Resource Site is live and filled with some great opportunities from Fashion Week to Multimedia Journalism to Video Game Design. You decide your commitment level, and we will work with our partners to find the right experience for you. This could be a one-time visit or a year long internship.
Additionally, if there is a job field that interests you and it is not listed, please reach out and I will connect you with someone in the community.
If you have questions, please contact Mr. Jay Stoyanov, FVA Field Experience Coordinator: (479)445-1605 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
high school student resources
The National Honors Society of the Fayetteville High School will be available for tutoring for grades first through ninth in all subjects. We request that the student brings homework, worksheet, or paper to work on. All tutoring is on a first come, first served basis and is located in the back of the children's library at the tables.
This program is free and will take place between 4 and 6 pm each Tuesday and Thursday.
Brainfuse offers free, live tutoring to all Fayetteville Public School Students. Brainfuse also offers:
- Writing Lab: Simply upload your document, and one of their writing experts will analyze it and provide helpful comments.
- Skill Surfer: The Learning Library contains thousands of lessons, quizzes, and tests to help you master academic concepts.
- Send Question: Brainfuse's "Send Question" allows students to ask a question any time of day and get a written response from one of our tutors within one business day. Feel free to attach supporting documentation (pictures, scans, drawings, etc.) to better describe your question.
- Language Lab: Connect with a language tutor for help with your foreign language class.
- LEAP: LEAP helps you build academic skills through targeted lessons, quizzes, and live, online tutoring. The focus of LEAP is college readiness exams.
- Brainwave: Brainwave is a breakthrough tool that allows you to record a movie of your activity on the Brainfuse whiteboard.
- FlashBulb: Study flashcards or use the other activities such as matching, crosswords, hangman, scrambled word, or bug chase.
- MEET: Easily schedule live, online meetings between you and others.
Enter your iCard number or search for it. Once you are logged in, click “Homework Help.” Then, scroll down and click “Homework Help” again. Click the “Brainfuse” link.
ACT & SAT Dates for the 2018-19 School Year
The remaining testing dates for the 2018-19 school year are:
For more information, click on the button below:
Turning the tassel
The FHS Counseling Department has published Turning the Tassel: Preparing for Life After High School. This resource guide is for ALL students and helps guide them through the college/career/life readiness process. For more information, please visit with our counselor, Saundra Colvin.
fva Help desks
FAYETTEVILLE HIGH SCHOOL HELPFUL LINKS
Red String Society
Fayetteville High School’s Newspaper, FHS Register, has a new podcast! Sofia and Emilee dive into conspiracies and unsolved murders on the Red String Society! Go to FHSRegister.com to listen or find us on iTunes!