Fayetteville Virtual Academy Newsletter
October 8, 2018
GRADE-SPECIFIC ANNOUNCEMENTS & RESOURCES
Click on the links below to access important grade-specific information:
Parent-teacher conferences: 10/10 & 10/11
Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held on October 10 & 11 by appointment. You should have received an email with links to sign up and meet with your child(ren)'s teachers. If you did not, you may sign up here.
Seniors will meet with Ms. Colvin and Mrs. Rathbone on October 11th, from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. For more information, click here.
FVA Maker club Starts this month!
Fayetteville Virtual Academy and the Northwest Arkansas FabLab will continue partnering this year to bring the FVA Maker Club to students in grades 4 - 12. This year, the format includes workshops and open maker space time. For more information, click the button below:
FVA Fall festival
Save the date! The FVA Fall Festival will be held Friday, October 26th, from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. It is sure to be a great time!
The FVA Parking Lot will be re-striped in October to create more parking spaces and provide ADA compliant spaces. Due to the lines that will be drawn, we are reversing the drop-off/pick-up line. Please see the arrows on the map above.
We apologize for any confusion.
download the FPS APP!
Don't forget to download the new Fayetteville Public Schools app! The app features a Live Feed from the district, as well as from each school, that is very similar to a Twitter feed but it is only viewable by those who have the app. Visit the iTunes or Google Play Stores and download it today!
Please complete the online meal benefit application to see if your child qualifies for free or reduced lunch.
If your child qualifies, he/she will be able to:
- order a free/reduced sack lunch for field experiences when students are asked to bring their lunches
- request a letter that states that your child is eligible for free or reduced lunch to qualify for Cox's Connect 2 Compete, the program that provides discounted rates for high speed internet
- receive a $10 per month internet credit (dispersed once/semester)
- qualify for an ACT Fee Waiver (limit of 2)
Please be sure to complete the Student Permission Form. This form provides us with the following information:
- receipt of the district and school handbooks
- permission to attend field trips
- media release permission
- severe weather
- emergency pick-up information
To access the form, please click the button below
fva parent teacher organization
FVA PTO Directory
BRING IN YOUR BOX TOPS!
Please bring your Box Tops to FVA! FVA's PTO will receive $0.10 for each Box Top collected. Learn more about BoxTops and get free coupons by clicking on the button below:
fACEBOOK PARENT GROUP
FVA Parents have a group on Facebook called "Parents of Fayetteville Virtual Academy." Join today to network and meet parents of students who attend FVA! Log in to Facebook and search for "Parents of Fayetteville Virtual Academy."
THE LATEST FROM THE FAYETTEVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT
Check out the latest from the Fayetteville Public Schools!
The National Honors Society of the Fayetteville High School will be available for tutoring for grades first through ninth in all subjects. We request that the student brings homework, worksheet, or paper to work on. All tutoring is on a first come, first served basis and is located in the back of the children's library at the tables.
This program is free and will take place between 4 and 6 pm each Tuesday and Thursday.
provided by the Fayetteville Public Library
Fayetteville Virtual Academy has a partnership with Fayetteville Public Library, and they provide Brainfuse, live homework help. Brainfuse offers free, live tutoring to all FVA Students. Brainfuse also offers:
- Writing Lab: Simply upload your document, and one of their writing experts will analyze it and provide helpful comments.
- Skill Surfer: The Learning Library contains thousands of lessons, quizzes, and tests to help you master academic concepts.
- Send Question: Brainfuse's "Send Question" allows students to ask a question any time of day and get a written response from one of our tutors within one business day. Feel free to attach supporting documentation (pictures, scans, drawings, etc.) to better describe your question.
- Language Lab: Connect with a language tutor for help with your foreign language class.
- LEAP: LEAP helps you build academic skills through targeted lessons, quizzes, and live, online tutoring. The focus of LEAP is college readiness exams.
- Brainwave: Brainwave is a breakthrough tool that allows you to record a movie of your activity on the Brainfuse whiteboard.
- FlashBulb: Study flashcards or use the other activities such as matching, crosswords, hangman, scrambled word, or bug chase.
- MEET: Easily schedule live, online meetings between you and others.
To access these services, click the button below:
Enter your iCard number or search for it. Once you are logged in, click “Homework Help.” Then, scroll down and click “Homework Help” again. Click the “Brainfuse” link.
If you have problems accessing these services, please submit a Tech HelpDesk Ticket by clicking the button below:
Parent Toolkit is a one-stop resource developed with parents in mind. It’s produced by NBC News Education Nation and supported by Pearson and includes information about almost every aspect of your child’s development, because they're all connected.
FAYETTEVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT
Learn more about our district! Access all of the Fayetteville Public School District Information.