assistant athletic director strength & conditioning
Search 1161 - Posted January 6, 2023
Emporia State University, a member of the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and NCAA Division II, invites applicants for the position for the Assistant Athletic Director Strength and Conditioning.
The Assistant Athletic Director Strength & Conditioning will be directly responsible for leading the Strength & Conditioning Department at Emporia State University; as well as, directly creating, facilitating, and implementing all Strength & Conditioning activities for Emporia State Football. The Assistant Director Strength & Conditioning will manage all current Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach(es) in the implementation of sport-specific programming as it pertains to all sport programs offered by Emporia State University. This position will oversee all weightroom activities and work with individual head coaches to meet the daily needs of all student athletes.
· Design and implement sport-specific strength, speed, agility, and conditioning for all University Athletic Programs. Monitor and adjust program planning as necessary to optimize athletic performance.
· Directly oversee sport-specific programming for Football and other assigned sports. Provide on-campus strength & conditioning opportunities for fall student-athletes throughout the summer. Compliance with all University, NCAA, and MIAA conference rules and regulations.
· Collaborate with individual head coaches to provide year-round programming for student-athletes. Coordinate with Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach(es) and individual head, and assistant, coach(es) to meet each programs daily needs. Participate in on-campus recruiting of incoming athletes
· Coordinate with the Athletic Training Department to implement return to play protocols, instruct student-athletes on proper weight training techniques to ensure safety. Ensure proper use and maintenance of weight-room equipment, Coordinate supervision and scheduling of all weight-room related activities.
· Supervise all current members, and future members, of the Emporia State Strength & Conditioning Staff. Including current Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coaches and Graduate Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coaches, oversee the creation of a strength & conditioning intern and volunteer program including hiring, supervising, and mentoring.
· Assist in purchasing of weightroom equipment for ALL student-athletes and facilities at Emporia State University.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field.
· Three to Five years of related experience at the collegiate or professional level
· Flexible, detail-oriented individual with excellent communication skills, ability to work a non-standard work week, including evenings, weekends, holidays, summers, and extensive overnight travel
· Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team, effectively engage with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, interact in a higher educational environment
*Strength & Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) or Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
· Master’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field.
· Experience as Assistant Athletic Director Strength & Conditioning.
· Three to five years of Football related strength & conditioning experience at the collegiate level.
· Prior experience working with a variety of teams.
· Knowledge of NCAA rules & regulations.
Applicant screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Letter of interest, resume, and the names and phone numbers of no fewer than three references are required for the application at https://bit.ly/3Cq3fts
A background check is required prior to hire.
Please submit these certifications with your application for consideration with this position.
Compensation: Competitive Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
For additional information, contact:
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.