director of athletic marketing & media relations
Search 1157 - Posted January 6, 2023
Emporia State University, a member of the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and NCAA Division II, is seeking for the position of Director of Athletic Marketing & Media Relations.
· Provide content for ESU Athletics website, social channels, and other mediums in alignment with SEO, social, visual, and brand guidelines
· Support the sales, marketing, communications, and digital needs of the department through the construction, delivery, and design of creative elements
· Serve as seasonal sport specific SID/Media Relations coordinator, including providing statistical services for all home events for assigned sports
· Write feature and news stories about assigned sport programs for the ESU Athletics website in alignment with SEO and social media guidelines
· Positively and regularly collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to establish and/or support objectives, complete tasks, and to identify and solve problems
· Manage the day-to-day operations and tasks of video, design, and content creation student workers
· Requires a bachelor’s degree in Sport Management, Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field.
· At least two years of relevant professional experience.
Applicant screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Letter of interest, resume, and the names and phone numbers of no fewer than three references are required for the application at https://bit.ly/3CraGkk
A background check is required prior to hire.
Compensation: Competitive Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
For additional information, contact:
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.