interim head coach - men's & women's tennis
Search 1140 - Posted December 16, 2022
Emporia State University, a member of the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and NCAA Division II, is seeking for the position of Interim Head Men’s & Women’s Tennis Coach.
The Interim Head Coach for Men’s & Women’s Tennis recruits, prepares, coaches, directs the University Men’s & Women’s Tennis Program and mentors student-athletes for competition as part of the intercollegiate Tennis program with the goals of individual and team success and high performance now and in their future lives.
· Strengthen athletic programming by providing leadership, guidance, and instruction in the personal, academic, and athletic development of student athletes at the University.
· Identify and recruit prospective student-athletes for future Tennis players.
· Oversee coaching staff in their daily activities, including coordinating the planning, scheduling, and coaching of the University Men’s & Women’s Tennis team. Review University, conference, and NCAA regulations and implement policies and procedures in compliance with those regulations.
· Collect and analyze statistics and other data related to upcoming opponents. Meet with staff to coordinate strategies, prepare practice schedules, and deliberate tactics in anticipation of facing opponents.
· Monitor student athletes' personal, athletic, and academic progress. Provide guidance and counsel as necessary. Consult with University administration in order to resolve issues as they arise. Create an atmosphere of respect and compliance with all University, conference, and NCAA standards.
· Manage the coaching staff, including performing administrative and personnel functions, such as selecting, hiring, and evaluating employees. Assign tasks, coordinate schedules, and process requests for time off.
· Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education, Recreation, Health, or a related field, as well as a minimum qualification of three to five years of collegiate coaching experience or equivalent experience. Master's Degree preferred.
Applicant screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Letter of interest, resume, and the names and phone numbers of no fewer than three references are required for the application at: https://bit.ly/3j55KL6
A background check is required prior to hire.
Compensation: Competitive Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
For additional information, contact:
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.