MYP Personal Project
Denton High School
IB World School
What is the Personal Project?
The Personal Project is a culminating activity of the IB Middle Years Program. It is a student-directed inquiry, that MYP students at DHS will work on throughout the fall and spring semesters. The Personal Project can take the form of a piece of independent research and/or investigation that takes the form of a student’s choice, such as a research paper, an original written play or short story, the building of a piece of furniture or other product, and so on. It provides an opportunity for students to produce a truly creative and personal piece of work while they demonstrate the learning skills they have acquired through their years in the IB Middle Years Program.
What are the aims?
• Participate in a sustained, self-directed inquiry within a global context
• Generate creative new insights and develop deeper understandings through indepth investigation
• Demonstrate responsible action through, or as a result of learning
• Demonstrate the skills, attitudes and knowledge required to complete a project over an extended period of time
• Communicate effectively in a variety of situations
• Appreciate the process of learning and take pride in your accomplishments
• Reflect on your learning and knowledge (on your own and with others)
• Move towards thoughtful and positive action
• Develop confidence as lifelong learners