Farmington Woods Elementary School PTA
All volunteers are required to register through the WCPSS online system and have a background check completed before they may enter the school to work. You must be a WCPSS approved volunteer to enter a classroom or to participate in any FWES field trip event. This policy is required by WCPSS and FWES and the FWES PTA cannot wave this requirement for any potential volunteer. Background checks can take up to two weeks to be returned so new volunteers should register as soon as possible.
Volunteer registration is available on any WCPSS school computer.
Reactivation for Continuing Volunteers
- All continuing volunteers approved for the 2018-19 school year MUST reactivate as a volunteer no later than 4pm on October 31, 2019. Volunteers may go to any WCPSS site and register through the intranet. Access to the volunteer system is: WCPSS Intranet > Business Applications > Volunteer Registration.
- After October 31, 2019, individuals previously approved may not volunteer without a new criminal record check, which can take 2-3 weeks to be completed.
New Volunteers for 2019-20
- Any new volunteer applicants for the 2019-20 school year must register and have an approved criminal record check prior to engaging in volunteer work. Applicants may register at any WCPSS site through the intranet.
- The volunteer system will be open daily for registration from July 9, 2019, through October 31, 2019.
- New volunteer registration can take 2-3 weeks to be approved, so please plan to register early in the year so that there is no barrier to your participation in our school community.
New FWES families with approved volunteer status at another Wake County school
- Complete the procedure for reactivation for continuing volunteers by October 31, 2019.
- During the reactivation process, update your school list to include Farmington Woods Elementary.
- Note that you will not be approved to volunteer at Farmington Woods until you have reactivated your volunteer status for Farmington Woods, as our school does not have access to volunteer records at other schools. If you are interested in volunteering early in the year, please use time available prior to the start of the school year to update your status.
- You will be cleared to volunteer at Farmington Woods as soon as your name appears on our school’s approved volunteer list. Please allow 2-5 days for this reactivation to be processed.