Free Communications Program
Thank you for your interest in the FWATA Free Communications Program!
We are committed to the mission of the NATA Research and Education Foundation Free Communications Program to advance the discovery, dissemination, and application of scientific knowledge in athletic training domains through written and oral forum. This mission is realized by communicating scientific knowledge to the athletic training community through the sharing of peer-reviewed original research reports and unique clinical case reports during the FWATA Annual Meeting and Clinical Symposium. All accepted abstracts are presented in poster format.
In order to participate in the Free Communications Program, the first author* must have:
1. Current NATA membership
* Note: Professional (non-certified) students submitting as first author must provide contact information and NATA membership number for the faculty/AT who mentored them on the project.
To assure the Free Communications program contains current, innovative, and impactful research to the practice of athletic training, all abstracts are blindly reviewed by at least 2 athletic trainers with specific content area expertise. In order to provide high quality and helpful reviews in an expedient manner, it is essential that all abstracts are well-written, free from spelling and grammatical errors, and contain sufficient detail to enable expert review by our committee.
Please read the abstract preparation instructions very carefully to ensure that you choose the correct abstract category and conform to its specific formatting and content requirements. Also, please carefully review the “Common Reasons for Rejection” listed at the end of the General Instructions document.
Please read through these instructions carefully in order to understand the abstract categories and submission procedures.
Systematic Review & Meta-Analysis
Level 1-3 CASE
Level 4 CASE
Abstract Submission Procedures
Please note that this is a 2-step process:
- The first/presenting author's contact information must be provided
- Faculty/AT mentor contact information and NATA membership # is required for student abstract submissions
- You will be directed to upload your abstract (in Word .docx format) from your computer to Dropbox (no account is needed).
- Name your file: Last Name- FWATA 2020