FISD Curriculum & Instruction
Mission: Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow!
- We believe the partnership of families, community members, students, and Fruitvale Independent School District employees is critical to every student's growth and success.
- We believe in the value of instilling work ethic, integrity, perseverance, and motivation in future generations.
- We believe in providing a 21st century education interwoven with real world applications.
- We believe in modeling and guiding students toward becoming good citizens.
- We believe in unlocking each individual student's potential.
- We believe in a supportive and collaborative school culture for students, teachers, and families.
This is my second year as Curriculum Director here at Fruitvale ISD. This is my 11th year as a member of the Bobcat family. In the past, I have taught 1st grade, 2nd grade, and Dyslexia and also served as the 504 Coordinator. I have also taught 3rd grade at Van ISD and Head Start at Grand Saline ISD. I graduated with my Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from Texas A&M University! Gig 'Em Aggies! I then earned a Masters of Business Administraton from UT Tyler in 2003. I became a certified teacher through Region 7 in 2005 and earned my Principal Certification through UT Tyler in 2016.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions regarding curriculum, instruction, or federal programs such as McKinney-Vento homeless services, foster care services, parent resources, etc.
Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Federal Programs