8-4 Language Arts
Welcome to 8th Grade!
My name is Ms. Seymour, and I look forward to getting to know you this year! Please do not hesitate to see me for extra help if you have questions or need assistance at any point in the school year. Here is an overview of your 8th grade year in Language Arts - I hope you are as excited as I am to get started!
This year, our goals relate to:
- Studying characters in literature
- Analyzing literature for meaning, craft, and tone
- Exploring themes in literature
- Narrative writing (developing themes through craft)
- Uncovering point of view and bias (informational reading book clubs)
- Investigative journalism
- Studying history in a variety of structures and media
- Argument writing and debating (taking a position)
I am available for extra help during DEAR, tutorial, and EXCEL time. Please see me prior to our meeting so that I may provide you a pass.