Welcome to the Scott Library!
What are the hours of the library?
The hours are Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. until 2:50 p.m. Students should be accompanied by a parent or guardian after 2:50 p.m.
How many books can I check out?
- Kindergarten: 1
- First and Second grades: 2
- Third through Fifth grades: 3
You can check out the maximum number of books, or just take one at a time. The main point to remember is that as soon as you finish a book, bring it back and choose another one! If you wish to check out more than the maximum number, have your parent come in and set up an account so you can do so!
How long can I check a book out?
Students have two weeks before their items become due. If you wish to keep it longer, you may renew it at any time. If you don't renew an item, you may start to get those overdue emails!
How can I check my library account?
- Click on the "Online Resources" tab at the top of this page.
- Click on the first rectangle, the "F" and "Scott Elem" one.
- Click on the "log in" button in the upper right hand corner
- "Username" is your six -digit ID number (it's your lunch number too). "Password" is your birth date (two digits for month and day, four digits for year).
- Click on the down arrow next to your name and select "Account Summary."
- You can see what you have checked out, renew items, and put items on hold that are unavailable.
Are there other items available for check out besides books?
Yes, there are books on Overdrive, a system that is much like what the public libraries in McKinney and Frisco use. I would be happy to show you how it works.
Will there be activities available to students who want to get involved in the library?
- Kinder through Fifth grade: Six Flags reading program, Pizza Hut Book It program, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars, and FC Dallas reading programs
- Second grade: Scott Sunflower reading program
- Third through Fifth grade: Bluebonnet reading program
- Fourth and Fifth grade library volunteers