From the Ramshorn
August 13, 2018
Dear Students and Parents,
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! I hope your summer was filled with exciting adventures, moments of relaxation, and warm memories of your loved ones. Many members of our school system worked over this summer to prepare for your arrival and laid a foundation where each student has multiple opportunities to achieve at high levels. I am personally elated and grateful to journey forward with each of you as your new principal. Over half of my life I lived in Wyoming with experiences in Colorado and North Carolina. After being a high school social studies teacher for 13 years, I worked to support schools in district or building level administration capacity for the past 14 years. In the coming years, I look forward to building a strong relationship with each of you.
Introducing new or returning staff include:
- Ms. Jennifer Bowles - Secondary Language Arts (7-12 grades) replacing Ms.McLaughlin
- Ms. Dakota Cole - Counselor replacing Dede Collins
- Ms. Katrina Dingman - Secondary Social Studies (7-12 grades) replacing Mr.Haman
- Ms. Anna Hinkle - School Nurse / Food Services Director replacing Mrs. Houck
- Mr. Harry Leseberg - K-12 Custodian / PM Bus Route Driver
- Ms. Autumn Nelson - Kindergarten transferring from Title I Intervention
- Ms. Sam Schwessinger - High School Science and Math replacing Ms.Barngrover
As we enter this new year, we will build upon our foundation of good work, honored traditions, and continued excellence of education. Our mission remains: Every Day Counts--- Educate, Engage, Empower. Our staff will pursue conversations focused on a safe, proactive learning environment where students are challenged in their learning. I believe in the ability of our staff to problem solve, create the best outcome for each student and reach our goal--- Ensure all students achieve at high levels.
An excellent education is not possible without the great collaboration with students, parents, and staff. Several opportunities are on the horizon. Starting in the month of September, I will host Coffee with Kim to share our good work and receive feedback from our stakeholders. Also, our school system would like to invite parents and guardians to partner with us in recognizing and celebrating our students. More details about our recognition system will be shared after the start of school. Please bookmark my Principal's Blog, From the Ramshorn, as this webpage will hold short informational pieces <https://sites.google.com/fremont2.org/principal-ibachs-blog/home>, along with our school website. Additional announcements are included at the end of this welcome letter, so please read on.
School starts on August 23rd! Whether you have a senior starting their final year or a kindergartner starting their first, you'll need to register them for the 18-19 school year. This year FCSD#2 will be utilizing an Online Registration Process that will help make the start of the year easier for all. Please visit www.fremont2.org and click on Online Registration to register your student(s). For any assistance with online registration please call Caleb Neale at 455-5546.
Other important dates include:
- Wednesday (8/15) 5:30pm: Fall Activities/Athletics Parent Meeting
- Thursday (8/16) 12-4pm & Friday (8/17) 8am - 12pm: Grades 6 - 12 pick up Chromebooks and schedules
- Tuesday (8/21) 5-6pm: FCSD#2 School Board’s Reception for New Staff - All invited!
- Tuesday (8/28) 5-7pm: Open House for Parents and Guardians
We have a great year ahead of us! It is through the same enthusiasm and pride that I look forward to becoming an integral part of the community and working with you to continue the great tradition of a Dubois Ram. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have questions, concerns, and suggestions to discuss.
All the Best,
Dr. Kim Ibach
- K-12 School day start and end times:
- Elementary School (K-5) 8:10 (8:15) to 3:30 p.m.
- Middle & High School (6-12) 7:55 (8:00) to 3:36 p.m.
- Student Drop-Off and Pick-Up: Continuing this year, the road right in front of the K-12 (Learning Lane) is a one-way street running east to west. Busses will line up more by the football field so folks have a clear entrance to the school. High School students will park in the rear gravel area on the south side of the front parking lot.
- Please do not plan for children to arrive at school before 7:40 a.m., as there will not be supervision available for them. We recognize that good attendance plays a critical role in your child’s success at school. For your child’s safety we ask that you please contact the office at 455-5524 when your child will be absent.
- Meal account deposits may be made before school begins at the school office and will also be available on our new Infinite Campus program very soon. (Link will be e-mailed asap) Payments will be taken in the K-12 School Cafeteria on the first day of school. Lunch prices are: K-5, $2.50; 6-8, $2.75 and 9-12, $3.00. Breakfast will also be available, daily: K-5, $1.50; $1.75 for middle school and $2.00 for high school.
- Applications for free and reduced lunch are enclosed and are also located at the office and on our website under the Food Services link. These applications must be completed annually. Students who qualified for free or reduced meals last year are eligible to continue that status until October 11, 2018. Please complete your applications for free and reduced meals as soon as possible (one per family) and return to the office to insure continued or new service.
- Pre-K enrollment is now open for FCSD#2's pre kindergarten program. Children who will be 4 on or before September 15, 2018 are eligible to enroll in this free kindergarten readiness program. Contact Mrs. Shaw at 455-5519 for more information.
- Lights On, our K-5 extended day program, will continue this year after school until 5:30 p.m. starting Monday, August 27th in its location at 414 Meckem Street. The Fridays we do not have school, Lights On will operate from 8am - 5:30pm. Registration forms for Lights On are available at the K-12 office. If your child(ren) were enrolled in the summer program there is no need to re-register for the school year.
- Boys & Girls Club of Dubois will continue this year daily until 6:00 p.m. starting Aug. 27th. Registration forms may be found on their website www.bgcdubois.org or at the K-12 office.
- Our school will have a comprehensive acknowledgement page for the Dubois School Handbook, due within the first two (2) weeks of school. This signature page includes informational elements contained in the handbook. This encompasses, but is not limited to, concussion risk, FERPA (records privacy), Field Trip Form, Free & Reduced Breakfast/Lunch program, McKinney-Vento Homeless program, Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA), sexual harassment, and Technology Acceptable Use Agreement. Please be sure to review this information with your student within the context of the student’s age. Then both the parent/guardian and student should sign the acknowledgement page. Students should turn in the completed form to their 1st period teacher.