Eco 3 Grants

You may be eligible for free or subsidised grants to improve your homes efficiency- Contact us for advice on various schemes.

Help from your energy supplier: the Affordable Warmth Obligation

You might be able to get help for energy-saving improvements to your home if you’re on certain benefits and own or privately rent your home.

You may get all or part of the cost of:

  • Loft Insulation (under 100mm)
  • Cavity Wall Insulation
  • Solid Wall Insulation (for stone or solid brick homes)
  • Internal Wall Insulation
  • Room in Roof Insulation
  • Replacing or repairing your boiler (LPG, OIL, GAS)
  • Replacement Electric Storage Heaters to new High Heat Retention Storage Heaters)


You must own your property or rent it privately and have the owner’s permission to do the work.

You must also get one of the following benefits:

  • Pension Guarantee Credit
  • Child Benefit (with household income under£25000)
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Universal Credit
  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
  • Attendance Allowance (AA)
  • Carer's Allowance
  • Severe Disablement Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Payments
  • MOD related benefits: War pensions Mobility Supplement, Constant Attendance Allowance, Armed Forces Independence Payment)

Boiler Controls - Loft Insulation - Boilers - Cavity Wall Insulation - Room in Roof Insulation



Free Range Energy was created in 2010 to serve the needs of homeowners and tenants. Since then, our client base has grown to include Landlords and everything in between. If you would like to find out more about how Free Range Energy can serve your needs, get in touch today.