May and June
Monthly Curriculum Highlights!
Use a QR reader to find out what is happening in Ms. Taddeo's 5th grade class!
- In mathematics your child will learning about how to multiply and divide fractions.
- Math Highlights:
- Topic 12: Volume of Solids
- Topic 8: Numerical Expressions, Patterns, and Relationships
- Topic 13: Units of Measurement
- Topic 14: Data
- Topic 15: Classifying Plane Figures
- Topic 16: Coordinate Geometry
- In Science, students are learning about matter interactions and biodiversity.
- In English Language Arts, students will be focusing on a researched based argument. Students will read a variety of text with complexity and be able to establish supporting positions, build a powerful argument, and write for real-life purposes and audience.
- Goal setting is a necessary and important component of students' motivation, self-regulation, and achievement in academic settings. Goal setting refers to the process of establishing that behavior or outcome to serve as the aim of one's actions. Goals can exert positive effects in achievement. By directing learners' attention to important activities and away from distractions and by focusing their effort and persistence toward goal attainment, students will be successful in achieving their goals as readers and writers. Setting clear goals and using strong samples of mentor texts will play an integral role in goal setting throughout the year.
Welcome to 5th Grade!
- Mechanical pencils or sharpened pencils
- 2 erasers
- 1 pair of scissors (labeled with child’s name)
- Erasable pens (only blue or black ink)
- 5 large glue sticks
- 1 box of 24 count crayons or colored pencils (labeled with child’s name)
- 1 pair of headphones (labeled in ziplock)
- 1 soft, zipped pencil case (labeled with child’s name)
- 3 different colored highlighters
- 4 marble composition notebooks(100 sheets)
- 1 five subject spiral notebook
- 4 double sided durable pocket folders
- 1 package of post its
- 2 Low odor expo markers and 1 eraser