Eagle Tech @ franklin County High School
Opening August 2018
Eagle Tech, at Franklin County High School, provides students an innovative learning environment. It is based on the New Tech Network school model with the ultimate goal of college and career readiness for all students. The instructional focus is project-based learning that allows students to manage their own learning, think critically, collaborate, and communicate effectively.
Know before you apply
- The instructional focus is project- and problem-based learning.
- You will be enrolled in year-long English 9/World History 1, Biology/Health & PE 9, and Algebra 1 (if you are currently taking Pre-Algebra).
- Math beyond Algebra 1 and all electives will be taken outside of Eagle Tech (within Franklin County High School).
- In addition to being graded on content knowledge, your success will be measured through written and oral communication, collaboration, and agency (development of student’s responsibility for his or her own learning).
- You will be required to work in groups related to course material.
- You will be expected to take teacher-created assessments and the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL) tests.
- Eagle Tech students are able to participate in extracurricular activities and sports at Franklin County High School.
- Transferring out of Eagle Tech, during the 2018-2019 school year, will not be permitted.
- At the end of ninth grade, you have the option to continue in Eagle Tech or register for traditional tenth-grade classes.