Internships provide opportunities for high school students to gain hands-on experience in a particular area of academic or career interest. Internships are usually between 30 and 120 hours and may take place in the summer or during the school year.
Past Student Internships
- Capstone - Student-directed, inquiry-based projects may include 30+ hour internships
- Cutting Edge Bioresearch at UConn Health - 60 hour summer internship for rising seniors interested in science research
- Civil Engineering Internship - Farmington Town Engineer - 30 hour internship (summer or school year)
- CT State Legislature - political science, law, public policy
- Discovery to Cure High School Internship at Yale - Competitive research internship (six weeks) for rising seniors
- Education Internship (Capstone) - Seniors interested in careers in education
- Executive Talent Services - human resources, communications
- Farmington Field Club - social media marketing, event planning (summer internship)
- Hillstead Museum - museum studies, art, business, marketing
- Jackson Laboratories - academic year internships
- Journey Communications - marketing, web design, business.
- Junior Achievement Entrepreneurial Academy - 15 week after school program at Stanley Black & Decker, Pratt & Whitney, or The Hartford
For more information on internships or other career exploration opportunities, please see Mr. Netcoh in the Career Center.